Combining shapes - getting the data out.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometime ago someone published in these forums a little program to combine two shapes, one for head and one for body.  I put it behind my ear for later, but lost the link to the forum article.

Clearly the program expects the data for the body and head to be on the PC, not in-world.  How the devil do you get the data for a shape out of SL into a file?

Appearance->Edit shape allows you to import, but not to export.  (note all the shapes are mine, made by me, not bought ones)

@Anna Nova You figured it out. Developer->Avatar->Charachter tests->Appearance to xml gets the shape out and on your computer. Edit a copy of the file to remove either all the body settings or head settings.

Note: different viewers handle the export to file differently. I think Firestorm and Linden viewers allow you to select where the file is saved to.

Appearance->Edit shape lets you import the XML shape file to SL. It will combine with whatever shape you are wearing. All the settings in the XML file replace those of the currently worn shape. Settings in the currently worn shape that are NOT replaced are retained. Saving the new shape saves the combined shapes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.