Can't teleport to Social Island

bananamilk420

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys! I just started playing and was working my way through the tutorials on Social Island. I saved the island as a landmark as was suggested but accidentally went through a store portal and can't get back! Every time I try teleporting to the island it tells me I don't have access to the location, and the same thing happens when I try teleporting 'home'. I logged out and back in with the 'home' location setting but it still told me I can't access that location and sent me 'somewhere nearby'. What am I doing wrong? 

2 answers to this question

Any region may go temporarily off line for routine maintenance or a periodic restart, or if the region owner (Linden Lab in the case of the Social Islands) has received reports that there is something wrong on the region.  When that happens, anyone who tries to teleport there gets the message you saw.  If you try to log in to a region that is offline, you may be sent to an alternate location.  Unless there's some serious problem, a region isn't typically off line for more than a few minutes.

BTW, there's more than one instance of Social Island.  If the specific one that you were aiming for is unavailable, use your map to look for others that may be open.  They are all identical, so it really doesn't matter which one you visit.  If you really meant Learning Island, though, you can never go back once you leave.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bananamilk420 said:

Hi guys! I just started playing and was working my way through the tutorials on Social Island. I saved the island as a landmark as was suggested but accidentally went through a store portal and can't get back! Every time I try teleporting to the island it tells me I don't have access to the location, and the same thing happens when I try teleporting 'home'. I logged out and back in with the 'home' location setting but it still told me I can't access that location and sent me 'somewhere nearby'. What am I doing wrong? 

might be that your home social island was offline when you did this

try it again and if is still the same then go to another Social Island to finish the tutorials:

menu: World \ World map

on the world map: Type Social Island into the Find box.  There are 10 Social Islands numbered 1 to 10. Try teleporting to them, til you find one that accepts you

edit: What Rolig said

Edited by Mollymews

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.