selling new furniture with copy animations

gentel Levee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

i'm a new builder and i wanna build a furniture and use my animations "copy permission" into it and sell it, i tried that and i didnt found a problem, cuz the object is mine and just the anims is /copy ones,is there a problem in that.

thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, gentel Levee said:

Hi all,

i'm a new builder and i wanna build a furniture and use my animations "copy permission" into it and sell it, i tried that and i didnt found a problem, cuz the object is mine and just the anims is /copy ones,is there a problem in that.

thanks in advance

the animation permissions are typically set to the same permissions as the furniture

so if the furniture is Copy+NoTransfer permissions then the animations in the furniture Contents are best to be set the same: Copy+NoTransfer. Same with other assets in the furniture Contents

if your furniture is like a gacha, then NoCopy+Transfer for both furniture and animations and any other assets in the Contents

is always best to test this with your own alternative (alt) account.  Give your test alt a copy of the packaged furniture and on your alt account check that all the permissions are as you have set them on your main account.

3 minutes ago, gentel Levee said:

well Molly i know that, but im asking can i sell my furniture "full perm" with some animations "copy permission" with no problems ?

do you mean listing the product on Marketplace as Full Permissions when the animations are not ?

• Like 1

Just now, gentel Levee said:

no, list it as a copy too, is that possible to sell this item with these animations, or i should use a full permission animations?

if the animations in your inventory are NoTransfer permissions then you can't transfer them

if the animations in your inventory are Full Permissions then yes you can set the animations to Copy+NoTransfer and include them in your full Permissions furniture object, and sell it this way

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gentel Levee said:

even i use a unpacker to pack my furniture ? there is no solution for this in any way ?

Molly explained what you can do from your telling. It's a good solution but it appears to not meet your issue, so please explain to us more clearly what you have, what you are planning to do and finally your desired output, in as much detail as possible.

• Like 1

well i made a bed furniture so its full permission , and i wanna to sell it but of sure i wanna add animations to it before going to sell it, and i have a bunch of animations "copy and modify permission" from other resellers.

the question is , i wanna add these animation to my bed to sell it, if that possible by any way to do that ? i wanna sell the bed as a copy permession

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gentel Levee said:

well i made a bed furniture so its full permission , and i wanna to sell it but of sure i wanna add animations to it before going to sell it, and i have a bunch of animations "copy and modify permission" from other resellers.

the question is , i wanna add these animation to my bed to sell it, if that possible by any way to do that ? i wanna sell the bed as a copy permession

No. You need transfer permissions to sell to other residents. You need both copy and transfer permissions if you want to sell multiple copies to other residents. (This is unrelated to the permissions you set for the next owner... this is about the permissions you need.)

• Like 2

You will need to license full-perm animations from animators to use in your furniture. The licenses that are required to purchase full-perm animations will almost always prohibit their use in furniture being sold as M/C/T (full-perm), as they require the builder buying the animations for resale furniture to set the permissions for the animations to "No Transfer.". I have never encountered a licensing agreement that allowed for licensed animations to be included in full-perm products.

There are lots of cheap and freebie 'full-perm' animation sets sold on the Marketplace, but many of these are extremely old and rudimentary, or stolen, or both.

If I were making/selling full-perm furniture, I would either sell it as unscripted and let the person purchasing it add the animation engine and animations, or sell them with AVSitter installed. Full-perm AVSitter scripts can be obtained for a L$2,999 donation to the creators, or for free by assembling the open-source scripts yourself (or finding someone who has assembled them already). That way, the builder can add the animations they wish.

I used to make and sell furniture and it was challenging but fun! I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Edited by Creve Coeur
  • Thanks 1

Actually, the object itself can be set to full perms as long as the animations, or any other purchased inventory content, that you need to purchase as full perms as well are then set as no transfer by you before you start distributing your item. The customer will get the item marked as the most strict permission among those in its contents, but the object itself will keep its full permission properties once rezzed, only the animations will be no transfer. What most licenses state is that you can't resell your full permission item with the animations inside as full perms as well. Just make sure to restrict next ownership permissions to comply to the license, the containing object is yours and can be sold as you wish it to be sold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.