Firestorm - SLPlugin.exe has stopped working ?

rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whenever I script or build I get incessant popups with the SLPlugin.exe has stopped working error message. But nothing crashes and stuff continues to work. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this ?

AMD Ryzen and firestorm viewer.

sss.png.98b97de9a3fbf90935635df86a8664e3.png

• Like 1

Agreed, this is an annoying constant irritation. The slplugin we use is mostly the same as the with  LL viewer. A lot of the crashes are deep in 3rd party libraries that are used. If you have a way to reliably trigger the crashes that would be useful, it seems to happen when you change region or TP most often but you mentioned building/scripting. If you can fidn a way to force it to happen I will have a better chance of fixing it, or at least seeing what causes it.

• Like 2

If it gives Beq any pointers, I have bouts of intermittent problems saving scripts with Singularity, where I will get an error "unable to upload the asset because the server is experiencing technical difficulties".  Almost always making a non-essential edit such as adding a space to the end of the line and re-saving works. Singularity is notorious for using older error codes (wire chewed by rabbit) so it's possible it's the same error that Rasterscan sees but with a different reason.

It is usually specific to a particular region and time, it will persist for an hour, but can be cured by logging out and back in again, so it's more the connection with the region than the actual region itself.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 4:46 PM, rasterscan said:

For me, saving scripts is a great way to trigger it.

That's very peculiar...

My belief is that the slplugin issues are mostly on shutdown (of the plugin), it is dying badly instead of just exiting... As to why script editing triggers that... hmm do you have the "help" browser pages open by chance?

On 6/17/2021 at 3:09 AM, Beq Janus said:

My belief is that the slplugin issues are mostly on shutdown (of the plugin), it is dying badly instead of just exiting... As to why script editing triggers that... hmm do you have the ”help” browser pages open by chance?

Try CEF 90 or 91: they (finally) fixed the GPU process crash on shutdown that plagued CEF 77 to CEF 89 inclusive and made the Dullahan plugin crash on exit (almost systematically under Linux, and no so rarely under Windows). This fixed such plugin crashes on exit for the Cool VL Viewer, at least.

For reference, here is the bug report I made to the CEF devels about these crashes.

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I got the same issue with SLPlugin.exe using Firestorm x64. 6.4.21.64531, except i don't receive any error message pop-up window. I noticed the issue in my  Application Events Viewer  in Computer management on Windows 10.  " Faulting application name: SLPlugin.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60f86a77
Faulting module name: libcef.dll_unloaded, version: 81.3.10.0, time stamp: 0x5eac9798"

Now I agree with some others comments here, it's possibly related with Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF), some kind of dynamic library issue. Also  some issues are often related with CEF and dullahan_host, but issues with dullahan_host can make Firestorm crashed by itself (randomly).

So this is my experience right now with SLPlugin.exe, but as I said it doesn't appear to create any issue in my Firestorm, only a red flag error in my Windows 10 Events viewer ! 

4 hours ago, afrodziaq said:

Faulting module name: libcef.dll_unloaded, version: 81.3.10.0, time stamp: 0x5eac9798”

Not a surprise... As I explained in my above message, all CEF versions between 77 and 89 are affected by those random crashes. The current CEF releases (90 and newer) got it fixed.

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.