Appearance XML Slider ID's

Extrude Ragu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently people are buying bodies and heads that come with their own shape and it's not possible to combine shapes within the SecondLife viewer in a non-tedious fashion.

My aim is to make a program to take two Appearance xml files and Frankenstein the head of one and the body of another together.

The XML Format is partially documented here. It states that param nodes contain an id that references a slider in SecondLife. I wondered if there is anyone on this forum who happens to have the list of ids and the sliders they pertain to?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. I managed to grab the gitlab link before the thread evaporated.  It seemed both practical and an intriguing thing to be able to do, although I haven't even peeked inside. (Unfortunately I'm such a dinosaur I don't have Visual Studio installed, so this is on a stack of projects I'm unlikely ever get 'round to. But again, it looks intriguing.)

I wonder if the tool could clone the settings behind a commercial, no-mod shape. If so, that might raise some hackles.

13 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Interesting. I managed to grab the gitlab link before the thread evaporated.  It seemed both practical and an intriguing thing to be able to do, although I haven't even peeked inside. (Unfortunately I'm such a dinosaur I don't have Visual Studio installed, so this is on a stack of projects I'm unlikely ever get 'round to. But again, it looks intriguing.)

I wonder if the tool could clone the settings behind a commercial, no-mod shape. If so, that might raise some hackles.

Honestly the code is not that exciting. The tool itself on a technical level is just a glorified XML reader/writer, it's not doing interacting with the viewer in any way. You can export a shape in Firestorm using Developer -> Avatar -> Character Tests -> Appearance to XML. At which point if you really wanted to, you could edit those files with a text editor too although it would be very tedious due to the structure of the files. No hacks to be found here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fenimore Hapmouche said:

What a useful tool! Doing this manually was a bit of a pain in the shorts. I bet that was a neat project to do, strange that it got the canned in here.

I am glad you think it would be useful honestly, I was beginning to think I had made something nobody wanted after my thread got chucked.

I've put a link to it in my picks in my in-world profile. Forum moderators can't get me there buwahaha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.