Pet My Meeroo!

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Wicked. If you leave the Meeroos in inventory too long, they will "run into the wild," I believe...

On Phoenix, "Drop" is in the first pie wheel for me, in the upper right, or "two o'clock" position.

ETA: If you can't rez items on the parcel that you're on, "Drop" will be greyed out.

Can i take them in my inventory or do they starve/die?
You can take them into your inventory for short periods, but they need to be free and running with their friends. if they are in your inventory for too long when they are rezzed they will return to the wild.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Griffin..

I take it right back out of my inventory as soon as I detach it.

I do see the *drop* option on my pie wheel in Phoenix, but it's greyed out, clicking it does nothing.

I am able to rez items at my house, I don't have to have my group tag on but perhaps in this situation I do? I will try that when I log in later and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the help!

Wiki

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

thank you Melita..

Her name is LaylaBug
;)

You're welcome! Glad Griffin was able to solve the riddle. I bet wearing a group tag will fix it.

Another social aspect of the game is Fellowships. Each person can belong to one, and can form their own if they prefer. Then you can dedicate Meeroo, food, and/or stump to that Fellowship separately (or all.) Then you can bring your Roo to visit, and use another food or stump if it's in the same Fellowship the roo is in. 

I have a Fellowship anyone is welcome to join if they want to. Or, of course, you can make your own, and make your various roo locations places for your other roos to visit. Give them a change of scenery. That's what my rough plan is for now, so that I can mix up the babies brining them to new locations. The roos will not mate with their immediate family. So I have picked up any nests to be placed somewhere else with different roo later.

Oh didn't I mention? I got three roo babies the other day :D Woot.

Hippie I hope that you and your Lady will soon be blessed with the same - for everyone else, too! :)

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Hi, Wicked. If you leave the Meeroos in inventory too long, they will "run into the wild," I believe...

On Phoenix, "Drop" is in the first pie wheel for me, in the upper right, or "two o'clock" position.

ETA: If you can't rez items on the parcel that you're on, "Drop" will be greyed out.

Can i take them in my inventory or do they starve/die?

You can take them into your inventory for short periods, but they need to be free and running with their friends. if they are in your inventory for too long when they are rezzed they will return to the wild.

thank you again Griffin.. it turns out even though I can rezz on my land without my group tag.. I do need to be wearing it to have the *drop* option work.. tested it tonight and it worked perfectly ;)

Wiki

Misfit's adorable.

Got three more baby roos. And coaxed one more starter nest. I'm now trying to pair up more rares, rather than just rez my first run favorites. I'm still picking up any nests, though. No need for roo overcrowding.

Sorry I haven't gotten to everyone's roo pens like I've wanted to. When in world I've been catching up with an old buddy, or tending to my own roos. But I will keep that promise.

I had been reading a lot of the Meeroo stuff but not getting involved. I don't have a lot of inworld time and I've never had a pet in SL, breedable or otherwise. I had looked at the pictures and read what everyone wrote and I could see they were really cute. A week or so ago I was at a live music gig and the club owner and one of her friends were both showing off their Meeroos, so I actually heard the sounds they make. So I knew they sounded cute and looked cute but I'm busy.

Then Melita IM'd me to let me know one of her Meeroos had given birth and she named one of the females after me. Plus she sent me the HUD and an LM to the pen and all. Tonight I got inworld for the first time since seeing that in my email. Read the instructions, wore the HUD, tp'd. I found my namesake soon enough (I think Melita names all her Meeroos after people she knows) and followed the instructions on petting her. Since I assume all of you who are reading this are already Meeroo owners, you probably can guess the rest.

I was charmed. I may have a very low threshold of charm but even had I not, I think the result would have been the same. I followed her around, petting her from time to time. Eventually she went back to her nest? to lie down. I got as close as I dared and sat down near her.

Dillon Watching Dillon.jpg

I just sat there for a bit and watched her and listened to the music and the other Meeroos warbling. I wanted to leave. I knew if I stood up I'd probably kick her. So I tp'd home from the sit. I bet every. single. one. of you is just as goofy as I am.

Thanks, Melita. I'm still not sure I'm ready to have a Meeroo of my own, but I really like that one is named for me. Now I understand what all you guys were talking about. :smileyhappy:

meerie1 neu.JPGmeerie1 neu.JPGOMG!!!

I visited a friend of mine who showed me his meeroos and I could not resist and bought two of them and yes they are soooo cute!

I changed the whole second floor of my house for them but I think when they get their first babies the place will be to small.

What a nice writeup. Thanks Dillon! 

I only named a few roos after people I know. The rest were just whatever came to mind when I had to name them. I learned my lesson with the two I waited to name. One of their nests had numbers for parents. :(  That didn't change even after I named them both.

A few people got a roo namesake. You were one. :)

Hippie and Dillon thanks so much for stopping by and looking in on my Roos. They can't stop talking about you both!

:matte-motes-kiss:

Melita Magic wrote:

What a nice writeup. Thanks Dillon! 

I only named a few roos after people I know. The rest were just whatever came to mind when I had to name them. I learned my lesson with the two I waited to name. One of their nests had numbers for parents.
:(
 That didn't change even after I named them both.

A few people got a roo namesake. You were one.
:)

Hippie and Dillon thanks so much for stopping by and looking in on my Roos. They can't stop talking about you both!

:matte-motes-kiss:

Thanks Melita!  Was a very pleasest visit.  I will vist your other location soon!  Woot!  :smileyvery-happy:

Peace!

Excellent! Thanks! I'm about to make the rounds of any locations posted in this topic. But first let me share some new locations of my own. Actually for convenience sake here they all are. Anyone can feel free to stop by, hang out, pat the roos and chat with your friends or whatever. The park location is rated G, the rest are Mature land.

Four roos in a Sky Condo up in the clouds. Cushions to sit on and watch them play. Different rooms to walk around in. Small waterfall to watch and smooth out your stress levels. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Binneed/79/166/3452

Pandora Pen. Three roos. Up in the sky, a grassy pen surrounded by trees from that mystical place. Places to sit are scattered around, or even sit on a tree root. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Binneed/163/195/3402

Zen Pen. Seven or eight Roos in an outdoor space, again floating in the clouds. The space has an Asian theme. Dry cracked earth, gray fence, meditation cushions, gong, waterfall. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Binneed/82/153/1501  If you see little Loner there - she chose her own stump, doesn't normally hang with the other Roo unless eating or sleeping - give her a pat, okay? Her regard is really low, poor thing. Maybe because she is always in a corner hiding.

Mermaid Beach. Near the border of Changing Rooms, and with the carnival rides nearby. Two meeroo. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Binneed/10/219/33

Family Park. (G rated) Go up the hill. There are four roos near the playhouses. (Allow it to rez a few seconds, or you will fly onto the next continent. I know from experience.)   http://slurl.com/secondlife/Krypto/43/211/70

So, things have expanded a little bit since I first started. But, the sims are all still performing at or better than normal, and I think it's not out of hand for the amount of land they are all on. I hope they get a lot of friendly visitors.

All my land is 'safe zone' so any type of avatar is Okay, as long as you follow the land rating TOS and any rules I have up. Thanks :)

Hippie? I tried to go visit your roos just now, and landed in a giant UFO. It is really impressive looking but I couldn't figure out how to get to the roos...I had trouble walking around. I tried a teleporter but landed somewhere blue. 

Sorry :/

I petted Wildcat's roos again. 

Would everyone please repost their roo links so we can help each other out? Thanks...(And new people, feel free too!)

I have once started with 2 meeroos....and now I have 8!:-)

They are so cute and I love to watch them.

I´m going to prepare a new place for them and then I hope that some of you come to my place to pet them too.

That would be very nice.

Wish you all a wonderful day!:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Sonja Smedley wrote:

I have once started with 2 meeroos....and now I have 8!:-)

They are so cute and I love to watch them.

I´m going to prepare a new place for them and then I hope that some of you come to my place to pet them too.

That would be very nice.

Wish you all a wonderful day!:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Hi Sonja!  Post an SLURL here.  I would love to visit and pet your meeroos!  YAY!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.