How to record videos in Second Life ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am looking to make a YouTube channel about my life (nothing normal, by the way) in Second Life, but whenever I make videos, the HUDs I use, screen name, and bars appear. I wanted a way to be able to make a decent video where those things don't show up 😕

I will be immensely grateful, if you can help me with this problem. Oh, and even more grateful if you show me good programs for such recordings!😁

Ty♥ 

kisses kisses... Mwah😘

I use OBS Studio to record, but I don't give tutorials.  Open Broadcaster Software | OBS (obsproject.com)

You may hide all or part of the SL UI within SL itself.  I run SL at 1920 x 1200 and have OBS capture 1920 x 1080, which crops off the title bar and menu at the top of the SL window and the status info at the bottom of the SL window.  Some people have OBS capture at lower resolutions to leave off HUDs and chat windows.  SL HUDs are literally part of the rendered scene so no capture app will be able to capture what they obscure.

Edited by Ardy Lay

Ctrl-Alt-F1 hides the UI

Alt-Shift-H hides HUDs

I like either Nvidia or AMD's recording software included with their drivers. I think Microsoft's Game Bar recording software is trash.

For best results on YouTube export as 4K or 1440 even if you didn't record at those resolutions. YouTube will use a better compression codec on them if you do. Use the H.265 codec to export if your video editor supports it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.