Moap hud not showing after reattach

Drop Woodland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. Im setting media on a prim face (which is a hud) via a script and it works fine. But when i go about to reattach the hud from inventory the media is gone, if i hover the mouse point over the face then the omnibox appear. And at occasions clicking the face makes the media web page visible again. And clicking the omnibox always brings the media web page back. If i go into edit selection to view settings of the media face, it is active and says ie. that google.com is the current web page and yahoo.com is the homepage.

Does anyone know have to make media (moap) appear on a hud after reattaching it automatically via a script?

Im on firestorm and use http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetPrimMediaParams with no luck.

Works fine.
I set the url in the attach event but shouldn't be necessary - easy to test though.

That only works if you have set your viewer to autoplay media of course.
If autoplay is off which it is for most and for me too - then you need to click on it and allow the moap to play.

I just made a test - with autoplay on - moap appears when attaching the hud. Just don't expect others to have that on.

my attached moap player pretty much always auto-plays when I attach and when I log on

for this to happen then auto-play has to be set on prim Media face texture, and Media must be enabled in viewer controls

this said, I have 3 radio streams that I switch between, two of them always play

one of them doesn't always play sound even tho the viewer thinks the stream has connected, and I have to toggle the viewer media sound control (top right my screen)

not sure exactly why it only affects that stream and not the other two. Only thing different is that one is a tunein.com url and the other two are shoutcast broadcasts

Thanks for responses. It turned out that auto-play in firestorm was not on. It works like a charm now. 

Conclusion:

-Click media face to active it if media is not set to auto-play

-Else media just starts to play

Edited by Drop Woodland
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.