i cant change my password. the button is greyed out

doasilike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, doasilike said:

So you have logged into your web dashboard, and selected "Change Password" from the "Account" section, and then entered your old password and then what you want for your new password (and entered that a 2nd time for confirmation) and the "Save Changes" button is still grayed out?  

It may be as simple as either you mis-typed your original password, or the 2 entries for the new password are not exactly the same.   As you fill each field, you can use the little eye icon at the end of the field to let you see exactly what you typed in.  Sometimes my mind is thinking one thing, and my fingers a different thing, so checking with that eye icon has let me see (and correct) where I've made an error.  

Once all three boxes are filled in correctly, the "Save Changes" button should be active when you click on it.

37 minutes ago, doasilike said:

no. i tried many times. its impossible i misspelt all times.

Did you try clicking on the "Save Changes"  anyway (after entering the old password and the new one twice)?  The button still stays a bit grayish, but the outline around it changes to black.  

This is what it looks like when it is active and working:

image.png.badacec88775a3b8433ff32b7812df9a.png

2 hours ago, doasilike said:

Are you certain that you have something typed in ALL 3 fields?

Next to the last field, do you see the message "Confirm password does not match" - as shown here:
image.png.93862ede9789a333e31ec7fcc35bf21d.png

If you see that message that I hilited in yellow, go back to each field and retype the password.  Before leaving the field, click the eyeball to confirm that you typed what you think you typed:
image.png.d09a7736a9ecf69be68d2748dcbb91d8.png

If the passwords match and the button is still greyed out, then open a Support ticket:
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Side note: Typing your 'current password' wrong will not keep the button greyed out.  It will simply give you an error after clicking the button.

2 hours ago, doasilike said:

check your e-mail address - verification .. Should have been verified a couple of years ago. if you haven't, this may be the problem.

37 minutes ago, XemmaN said:

check your e-mail address - verification .. Should have been verified a couple of years ago. if you haven't, this may be the problem.

Nope, that won't keep the button greyed out -- I just checked, using a new account that hasn't yet verified the email.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.