Running scripts at different altitudes

KinPlayful

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there any reason running the same scripts at a different altitude on a region would give different results?

I have something set up on my Region at 2000m. I took copies of the prims with the scripts into inventory, laid them out in the exact same place, but at 3900m . . . the scripts do not work properly. I have reset the scripts in each prim individually, as a group, and restarted the Region. Still not working. Any clues or suggestions?

5 answers to this question

It would be a little complicated to go into full detail here, but the scripts report time on passes on a drag strip. One does not work at all, the other is reporting incorrectly.

I moved the prims down to 3000m and still they do not work.

The limits page does say that there is "no maximum height where scripts can run, as long as the object remains rezzed or attached" - therefore scripts themselves must have some issues. Are there any functions that may be altitude dependent in the source? Are they all compiled as Mono and set to Running state, are there any stack-heap collisions? Some floating point number precision error may be at play here, too... but on the other hand 4000m is not THAT high.

Edited by panterapolnocy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.