Fellow furries (and/or bronies)-when did you last come across a location that was anti-furry/brony?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I can't think of any furry focused place that bans humans, but they all make humans feel less welcome (even if that's unintentional). 

While it may be more than a bit skewed, from my perspective it is mostly unintentional and has more to do with the visiting human (or humanoid) being 'uncomfortable' for whatever reason.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 9:47 AM, Coffee Pancake said:

I can't think of any furry focused place that bans humans, but they all make humans feel less welcome (even if that's unintentional). 

I've seen people become uncomfortable but as far as purposefully making them feel unwelcome I've never seen this. Speaking for myself whenever I see someone in a human avatar come into Luskwood or any of the other furry (or brony) sims I hang out in I do my best to be as welcoming as possible. The only time I've ever seen a human avatar be encouraged to leave is when they were there to troll people in the sim. Furry sims get griefed a lot so we do tend to be cautious but unless someone gives us reason to most of us are pretty chill. If there's any assumption we don't want humans around it's entirely on those visitors parts. 

As far as themed sims I totally get people want a medieval roleplay sim or even a beach club sim to feel like real life. I'm cool with that but as others have mentioned there were definitely times where the anti-furry bias was more prevalent in the past. Star Wars sims, Star Trek sims and even some sims where the medieval setting involved things like minotaurs and sapient dragons always made me confused. Trek and Star Wars are full of anthropomorphic characters and fantasy settings are full of creatures like minotaurs. 

At any rate if anyone reading this feels uncomfortable in furry or brony sims please give the folks there a chance. Most furries and bronies are pretty cool (but then I'm biased). 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.