May i "RLV TRAPS" placing on Mature Sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

mature land is prevented from advertising adult content, not from using it, or even selling it

ETA:
Renters however are subject to any terms their landlord inflicts upon them... if you are the landlord and you wish to change those terms to limit something a renter is already doing, the RIGHT thing to do is offer a refund of remaining time if they would rather find a place where they are more welcome.

Void Singer wrote:

mature land is prevented from advertising adult content, not from using it, or even selling it

Yes and no. It is allowed to sell adult furniture in mature areas if the vendors and displays don't depict any nudity or explicitly sexual images. A scripted bed is simply not adult content as long as nobody uses it. But mature locations that are advertised in search cannot host anything that the Labsters deem adult, even if the advertisements don't contain adult-rated keywords. In other words: Mature parcels that are listed in search cannot display nudity or sexually explicit content, unlike mature private homes.

I have a RLV trap, three of them, in an adult sim. This particular trap doesn’t have any sexual or extreme violent content. It just hung the victim by the feet and the victim receives a menu saying “you were trapped by <owner>, you can:”

Button1: “Try to escape”

Button2: “Wait”.

If the victim chooses to try to escape, an animation starts and after 1 to 2 minutes, the victim is release, otherwise, the victim has to wait until someone appears and release them by touching the trap. There is no other functionality like unclothing the victim, kill or injure them, no form of abuse.

I am pretty sure that it would be allowed in most places and very few people using RLV would complain about it, even in PG sims.

But from this one to others much more explicit, there is a wild range of RLV traps. It depends of what it does, the sim’s rules, the people who frequents the place. Use your common sense and talk to the sim’s owner.

In Mature regions public nudity may be allowed, but sexual content must be private.

Ask your landlord what they allow. If I were a renting a home to someone on Mature land, I would not care what they do inside their house nor what furniture they have.  I would care if they do things that annoy me or other renters, so I would not let them have a RLV trap on land that anyone could walk through. I would also not let them advertise sex-furniture by setting it "Show in Search", since this would be breaking LL's rules for Mature land.

Persephone Emerald wrote:

In Mature regions public nudity may be allowed, but sexual content must be private.

Ask your landlord what they allow. If I were a renting a home to someone on Mature land, I would not care what they do inside their house nor what furniture they have.  I would care if they do things that annoy me or other renters, so I would not let them have a RLV trap on land that anyone could walk through.

At ground unless lots are very far apart you can't avoid seeing inside other people's buildings - so if I were the landlord I would not allow sex toys below 1000m.

But as to RLV... if you don't have RLV on your viewer and have it enabled - its a device you won't even notice. So I can't see why not let it sit out there as far as 'people wandering into it' is concerned. But again if its a sex toy, on M land I'd not allow it below 1000m.

The houses I used to rent out had a little land around them, so there was no reason for people to looks inside unless they wanted to cam to peek.  To me a sex toy is no different than a sex bed, & both are allowable in private spaces in Mature land.  I think such things would look tacky as well as be against the maturity ratings if they were outside in public.  RVL devices are fine with me as long as they are in private or in Adult regions, but even if one doesn't have RVL enabled, they still send out little blue boxes anouncing what they do when you touch them. So, no, I wouldn't want them to be outside on land that I own.

The content is more important than if RLV is used. Some of those traps would even be OK on General land! If they don't do things like strip the avatar or make explicit things happen, they can be out in the open. They only have to be discreet on Mature if they do things that would be naughty even if RLV did not automate it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.