Projector Lights

Quistess Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen an in-world effect where a 'projector' prim lights its texture onto the environment, so for example a 'projector' prim with the text "hello world" on its projector face pointing at a wall displays "dlrow olleh" or so onto the wall, if you have advanced lighting on in your viewer. I can't seem to find where this functionality is in LSL, or how to make such a prim.

1 minute ago, Quistessa said:

I've seen an in-world effect where a 'projector' prim lights its texture onto the environment, so for example a 'projector' prim with the text "hello world" on its projector face pointing at a wall displays "dlrow olleh" or so onto the wall, if you have advanced lighting on in your viewer. I can't seem to find where this functionality is in LSL, or how to make such a prim.

It's in edit box... in the same place you would set an object to be a light (and where you would set how bright and what color).

You need to have your graphics up high enough to see this option.

8 hours ago, Quistessa said:

Hello, I posted a video on FlickR a few weeks back of me figuring out how  to do a projector while fussing with a light I want to use for taking pictures. This would be just for setting the prim. Not for scripting it. I have a more simple projector now if you want to check it. It's fairly simple.

• Like 1

Like others have said, you set the texture and its associated settings (FOV, focus, ambience) in the edit tool.

The texture and the above settings can't be changed in a script but they survive otherwise altering the light and copying the object, so you can make a projector that turns on and off, changes color, intensity, radius and falloff just like you would do with a normal point light.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.