New Mesh Bodies...LoveMomma and Aphrodite

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

Just based on the demo, I do like that it's one single attachment. I prefer that to having to separately add the hands and feet; it saves attachment points for other things without feeling like you're a shoe away from maxing out and lagging out the grid. Practicality wise, I don't personally know if they've achieved their low-lag goal or not; everybody *says* their product is low lag, so I'm always suspicious.

To be fair, Maitreya is a single attachment. If you're still wearing your hands and feet separately, you're on a very old version.

Maitreya only has 4 scripts in the body, Aphrodite has 7. That alone is cause for concern as far as the "no lag" claim goes.

Looking into the Aphrodite body's contents, it has two scripts dedicated seemingly to just nail textures/functionality. They're called "nails" and "more nails" (there's absolutely no way the body requires two scripts for nails, let alone one) and then there's some seemingly useless fullperm script thrown in as well, or rather forgotten to be removed:

compact()
{
    llOwnerSay("Squishing!");
    integer i;
    for(i=1;i<llGetNumberOfPrims()+1;i++)//skip the root
    {
        if(i == 1)//root
            llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(i,[PRIM_SIZE,<0,0,0>]);
        else
            llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(i,[PRIM_SIZE,<0,0,0>,PRIM_POSITION,<0,0,0>]);
    }
}

{
    state_entry()
    {
        compact();
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        compact();
    }
}

This isn't how you build a no-lag product. Even the few lines of code in that script is full of problems.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

I just purchased a Kalhene Anja body (BOM). It comes with 2 HUDS. One has an alpha tab, one not. That allows the user to choose what he/she prefers. The box includes also 2 mesh heads. Price: 1795 LI. Just as example that some creators go a different way. (How long the low price lasts is a another question. lol)

I got that one and L$1795 is its normal price. When it was on sale (in November, around Black Friday) it was L$999.

It's a nice body and it fits Maitreya clothes (mostly - some are too big) but too skinny for my taste.  If they made another that fits Freya or Hourglass clothes I'd buy it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

but too skinny for my taste.

I would say it's similar with Tonic fine beauty. So perhaps Tonic clothes fit also. I would be also interested in a more curvy version.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

To be fair, Maitreya is a single attachment. If you're still wearing your hands and feet separately, you're on a very old version.

Maitreya only has 4 scripts in the body, Aphrodite has 7. That alone is cause for concern as far as the "no lag" claim goes.

Looking into the Aphrodite body's contents, it has two scripts dedicated seemingly to just nail textures/functionality. They're called "nails" and "more nails" (there's absolutely no way the body requires two scripts for nails, let alone one) and then there's some seemingly useless fullperm script thrown in as well, or rather forgotten to be removed:

compact()
{
    llOwnerSay("Squishing!");
    integer i;
    for(i=1;i<llGetNumberOfPrims()+1;i++)//skip the root
    {
        if(i == 1)//root
            llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(i,[PRIM_SIZE,<0,0,0>]);
        else
            llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(i,[PRIM_SIZE,<0,0,0>,PRIM_POSITION,<0,0,0>]);
    }
}

{
    state_entry()
    {
        compact();
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        compact();
    }
}

This isn't how you build a no-lag product. Even the few lines of code in that script is full of problems.

Thanks for some insight here.  It seems a good price to recommend to someone who is having some "issues" because if one buys a Bento "woman part" one would add 2K linden onto the price of all the other bodies, so this one would be about 2400 linden.   However, if you don't buy an additional Bento "woman part" or use one in SL this is a high price for things one would not use.   I will just recommend they pick out the body they like the best and enjoy SL as much as possible.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.