Inveterate traveler wants to know: when automatic map landing point is private with ban lines

DibbsWinsome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is not a problem for me, because when I use the world map to pick a region to visit,  I've learned to look for a road or some place public before TPing. But it's probably an irritant for the poor landowner who gets a stream of unwitting tourists -- like I used to be -- who accept whatever the map suggests as a landing spot.  Is this a non-issue for everyone but the landowner? Is there anyone who wants to know this is happening? If so, who?

3 answers to this question

Unless the landowner has defined a landing point, you should land wherever the target circle on your map view is located.  If you haven't clicked at a specific spot on the map to create a target circle but have just entered the target region name, your default landing spot should be <128,128,20>, at the region center (unless whoever owns the land at that point has redirected traffic elsewhere).

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 10:27 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

It's not a problem for anyone. If your selected arrival point happens to be a private area, you'll simply arrive just outside that area. Happy land owner, relatively happy traveler.

Alas, I was tossed all the way back home. But  I'll consider the matter closed if no one else sees it as a problem. Thanks again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.