And you wondered where so many of those camper bots came from?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I very much doubt that camping bots were a part of it. The pay was always miniscule and it didn't require anyone to "play". "Gold farming" is a phrase used about an aspect of the gameplay in WoW, isn't it?

Camping bot systems were on sale here. In fact, the first time I ever saw a bot, or even heard of bots in SL, was when a tenant showed me the camping bot system that she'd bought. So, imo, the practises described in the article isn't anything to do with camping bots, and camping bots were used by ordinary people. Maybe people in China used them, as people everywhere else did, but I very much doubt that they are anything to do with what the article talks about.

Does that mean if I were to travel to China and commit a crime, I'd get to play WoW for free? Count me in.

The imprisoned gamers even get a free exercise program during the day in form of rock breaking and trench digging, which prevents obesity, vitamin D deficiency, social deprivation, amyotrophia, and other health conditions that afflict many Western MMORPG addicts. What a great idea!

ETA: I'm kidding of course. But I'm seriously glad that games like WoW exist. Otherwise those prisoners would be slaving away in Second Life and steal the income of disabled and/or batshirt crazy Western welfare cases.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

ETA: I'm kidding of course. But I'm seriously glad that games like WoW exist. Otherwise those prisoners would be slaving away in Second Life and steal the income of
disabled and/or batshirt crazy Western welfare cases.

like you?

I ask because I find the statement rather telling either way.... either you speak from personal experience (in which case you really shouldn't be so hard on yourself), or you believe you are some sort of special exception to your stated rule who is better than all the rest (which exposes a prejudice and presumption of egomaniacal proportions). neither option reflects well.

Void Singer wrote:

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

ETA: I'm kidding of course. But I'm seriously glad that games like WoW exist. Otherwise those prisoners would be slaving away in Second Life and steal the income of
disabled and/or batshirt crazy Western welfare cases.

like you?

I ask because I find the statement rather telling either way.... either you speak from personal experience (in which case you really shouldn't be so hard on yourself), or you believe you are some sort of special exception to your stated rule who is better than all the rest (which exposes a prejudice and presumption of egomaniacal proportions). neither option reflects well.

It's the first option :) Personal experience. But I was being a bit facetious. It was my take on Daria's statement that we are all, quote "psychotic welfare sucking lumps of useless" :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.