Advanced Light Model and BoM

kthechef

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone have any difficulty with their avatar eyes when using the advanced lighting model? I have a large white area that breaks through my eyes which i cant seem to to touch to edit. If my avatar is looking down it doesnt show so much

18 minutes ago, kthechef said:

Does anyone have any difficulty with their avatar eyes when using the advanced lighting model? I have a large white area that breaks through my eyes which i cant seem to to touch to edit. If my avatar is looking down it doesnt show so much

It might help us figure it out if you could post a close up pic of your eyes.

The only white I can see in this pic that looks like it shouldn't be there, is the white eyeliner. It looks like you have that turned on in the head hud on top of the underlying dark eyeliner/lashes which I presume is baked onto the skin. The hud should have an option to either clear the eyeshadow layer altogether, or at least tint it to near-black, whichever you think looks best with your skin.

If there is something breaking through the eyeball (which I can't see in the pic) it means that your eyes are not BOM, and you need to wear an eye alpha layer to hide the system eyes. Or, if you want the system eyes, use the head's hud to switch eyes to BOM as well. 

I have to turn off materials on my eyes because in some light settings, it is too much reflection. The eyes become so shiny that it's white spots. Many heads has some shine/gloss layer over that are materials. You can still adjust these sliders when you take off the alpha layer and turn on BoM. My head (Lelutka Evo) has a place in the HUD where I turn on/off materials for the eyes, and also a slider for strength and environment. Playing with these sliders, or turning off materials, helps.

I am not sure if this is so for you, it is a bit difficult to see from the picture. But it can be good to know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.