What happens to my account if it is inactive for a while?

JordonBanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just joined SL in past week or so.  And LOVING IT.  So much so, I am now staring to invest considerable time and money in settings, avatars, clothes, objects, animations, landmarks, etc etc etc

As there is no way to back anything up, or transfer (most things), and everything 'lives' on LL servers.  Considering the investment in time/money I am making, my question is this...

Is there any scenario where I could lose everything - including my account? EG - say if I didn't login in for a set amount of time, etc. 

As having to start again, from scratch, would be massive pain, and could be costly in time and money to get everything back to how I liked it, especially the more I get into this.

So I wanted to ask this NOOB question, before I get too far down the rabbit hole.

Many thanks for any answers or reassurances.

2 answers to this question

To quote https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/accounts-overview-r3/#Section__3_1 :

Inactive or canceled accounts
As long as you're in good standing with Linden Lab (not delinquent with billing or otherwise in violation of the Community Standards and Terms of Service) your Second Life account can remain inactive indefinitely. This means that your avatar and inventory will continue to be stored on the Second Life servers.

The best way to keep your account up and running is to not break rules written in Terms of Service and not share the account's password with anyone, ever. As you can see from this article (and I suggest you to read it whole) the Lab does not delete accounts basing on inactivity.

Also, take a look here (note: thread is dated 2012-2013): 

Edited by panterapolnocy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.