New laptop - hard decision

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear All,

I need help choosing a laptop.

I'm a cretor - I use Blender and Photoshop. I'm also play games.

I'm between those two laptops from Lenovo:

1. Lenovo  Legion 5-15 Ryzen 7/32GB/960 RTX2060 144Hz (with AMD Radon graphics)

2. Lenovo  Legion 5i-15 i7-10750H/32GB/1TB RTX2060 144Hz (with Intel UHD graphics)

I use to have PC with Intel but Ryzen have so many good notes that I'm not sure what to choose...

Which procesor will be better for SL, Blender and Photoshop?

Edited by Katia Millet

Well SL has always had issues with AMD graphics (I had that a decade ago or so) and you can see it is still and issue with the BLUE SCREEN AMD posts.  I know nothing about Intel graphics. Most of us who have been here a long while use Nvidia instead of AMD.  It isn't really about the quality of the card, it is more about what the SL devs design for.  Apparently that hasn't changed over the last 17 years :D. 

You don't say what the graphics cards are in those so are they integrated graphics?  If so and you can find something with dedicated cards you will likely be better off.   Sure others know more. 

12 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

You don't say what the graphics cards are in those so are they integrated graphics? 

Or you chose to ignore the RTX 2060 part mentioned in both lines... which renders the same ole "SL does not work with ATI" discussion pretty much redundant, since the integrated stuff won't get used anyway.

I guess the 960 or respectively 1 TB points to the main drive capacity. Do both come with a SSD?

... take the cheaper one. As a "crator", both will serve you well.

I hope you get out of the bed on a better side tomorrow Lillith.  I know the energy sucks lately; we all have to deal.   

I would say now that Lillith (interesting choice of avatar name :D)  has explained things so very well, that I would go with the i7.   Also I was informed by many very smart folks over in Sansar NOT to get a RTX 2080 card which is what I was looking at last October.   

Likely the "discussion" will continue and hopefully the OP will get some good advice.  I will let those guys explain. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info

There is only one side of the bed and the name has always been the same 🙄

Let those very smart folks over in Sansar also tell you that you cannot compare laptop and desktop components on equal terms. Buying a RTX 2080 would have always been a bad choice with a 2070 being the better price/performance deal, but it was especially bad in last October with new cards around the corners. By now, buying new desktop GPU has become extremely annoying due to shipping and prices going up.

Anyway, this is a laptop request.
Based on the detailed usage scenario and the technical details, this boils down to color preference, "do you rather want the red pill or the blue"?

Thank your for answers! ;)

My problem is to choose between Ryzen 7 4800 H and Intel i7 10750 H.
If there are some problems with them?
Which one will be better for Blender and Photoshop ect.?

Prices are almost same for those laptops, so this is not important regarding my choose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.