Stock Folder Issue in Market Place Listings

NirobiStClair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I would be so grateful if anyone has advice or a solution to the following problem.  My friend has just opened her marketplace store, she packaged her product made sure the properties read modify and transfer only for her and next owner, pulled it from her inventory dropped it into Marketplace listing, it appeared under the unassociated tab, however it only gave her two folders the main and version, it would not give her a stock folder.  She sent me the package I checked the permissions and dropped it into my marketplace listings and I got all three folders (Main, Version and Stock).  Here is what we have done, made sure all items are named exact, double checked the permissions on the item and the package, dropped the whole package into Marketplace listings no stock folder shows up.  Dropped the item in it's package taking out the animation and script. Still no stock folder shows up. Dropped just the item in the marketplace listing, no packaging, still no stock folder shows up.  To Be Noted, each time the version folder appears it says the product is modify but does not show the words no copy and yet before dropping it in she has double and triple checked that it is a no copy version.  So we both are at our wits end.  The only difference between us is she uses a PC and I use a Mac.  

If anyone can help or at least point me in the right direction to get help I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure what you mean by a stock folder. I only get a main and a version folder for my stuff. No 3rd folder.

It's my understanding that all contents in the version folder are what is delivered.

Always set permissions on items while they are rezzed in world. If you change them while in inventory the changes will not take effect until the item is rezzed the next time. That may be your permissions issue.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:15 PM, Artorius Constantine said:

Not sure what you mean by a stock folder. I only get a main and a version folder for my stuff. No 3rd folder.

It's my understanding that all contents in the version folder are what is delivered.

Always set permissions on items while they are rezzed in world. If you change them while in inventory the changes will not take effect until the item is rezzed the next time. That may be your permissions issue.

Thank you for responding, from what I have learnt so far when you sell no copy items they go into a third folder, the stock folder, so you can store a few of them at a time then when one is sold it is replaced by another, this way you do not have to upload them one by one. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Greetings, All!

If the item is Copy Enabled for the seller, then they will not get a Stock Folder when they send the item to the Marketplace. 

If a user creates an item and sends it to the Marketplace, they will not get a Stock Folder option since they, themselves, created the item and they will always have Copy permissions on the item. 

If the item is No Copy for the seller, then when they send the item to the Marketplace the Stock Folder will show up. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.