How to post pictures from Flickr?

Alma Palmira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm positive Im missing something simple and this has been covered before on the forums but I can't find it. 

I have a flicker page. I have photos on this page. When I post to the forum I can manage a text link, but how do I get my photo to actually show up in the forum posts? Ive tried copy paste of flicker URL link but when I ask it to post it flashes red (pink) and doesn't complete.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Alma Palmira

9 minutes ago, Alma Palmira said:

I'm positive Im missing something simple and this has been covered before on the forums but I can't find it. 

I have a flicker page. I have photos on this page. When I post to the forum I can manage a text link, but how do I get my photo to actually show up in the forum posts? Ive tried copy paste of flicker URL link but when I ask it to post it flashes red (pink) and doesn't complete.

Thanks in advance.

All I do is go to the picture page in Flickr, copy the URL at the top, and paste it directly into the window here -- and it automatically converts to an embedded picture.  Not sure why you can't -- unless your Flickr is not set to Public, maybe.

This is one of my pic URLs which will typically embed -- though I told it not to this time (by clicking the "Display as link" link that showed in the bottom of this window):
"https://www.flickr.com/photos/littleme_jewell/50688800156/in/dateposted-public/"

image.png.154addbb2805549d20caf2bc73b690f9.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, the buttons for embedding stuff never worked correctly for me

Most direct image links will inline post, meaning you just paste the link to it. The only time I use embed is when I have posted something from twitter and even that is hit or miss with formatting.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JordonBanks said:

Anyone know of other ways to embed photos in forum posts/replies.  (eg.  alternatives to flickr?) 

Most of the time, I just paste in the picture URL.   In the case of gyazo images, you have to get the right one.  It took me quite a few tries to figure that out.  I can't go check the screen right now because I'm at work and they restrict access to all photo sharing sites.  I think that is the only photo site that took a bit of trial and error to figure out the correct link to use.

ETA:  I think I read that wrong.  In re-reading it sounds like you are not actually wanting the "how" but wanting alternative sites to put your pictures on that will allow embedding here.  Other sites -- Gyazo and Imgur are the 2 others that I use.  Gyazo has more limits for free accounts, so I tend to use Imgur more often for something that I don't want to upload to Flickr.  Also, I sometimes just use the Windows Snip tool to grab a screen shot and paste it directly into a post.  That isn't an "embed", but an "upload", so it will have the 4.88 MB limit applied.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.