How to...

TalentBoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How to fix a thing like this?

I own both parcels but they on different sims. Is it possible to fix this without a re-bake of the sims. It's on mainland and i don't think

my neighbors will be happy for a re-bake .

It should save a lot of prims to be able to. Cover with mesh rocks cost a lot.

crap.jpg

I happen to have a sim crossing on SoaS I shuold have cleaned up so this is a good opportunity to demonstrate the technique. My two sims even have different ground textures at the moemnt making it even easier to see. :)

So:

Open the land edit tool (Ctrl+4), select "Flatten", set size fairly low and Strength to Max:

bilde.png.a0d4946b3ffd063a233fa872b9bee365.png

Flatten the land across the region border to make steps like this:

bilde.png.6dfcdf9c3414d21bdc8feb52d27dcb3a.png

Switch to "Smooth", increase size a little bit and smooth down the land exactly along the region border:

bilde.png.c7b0d050394cd31d5c9941e652e3fd3d.png

You may have to redo a couple of times to get it really smooth but even the first round should give huge improvements and eventually you should end up with something like this:

bilde.thumb.png.ef92515a61de9d28bd265ad638fc3f65.png

Finally, smooth out the inevitable ugly lumps and bumps away from the region border. Make sure you don't itnerfere with the border you've already smoothed - if you do, you may have to start all over again:

bilde.png.59e70622dffa00ab150dbc72fc218840.png

• Like 1

Thanks for answer.

You think it will pass the 4m limit i can higher/ lower land?

At one point it must have been able to higher / lower land beyond the todays 4 m limit.

The hill to the right i can't lower much more, that's why i use mesh rocks to build my house on.

1 hour ago, TalentBoy said:

no it won't pass that limits... it''s 4 up and 4 down from the original point set by LL

1 hour ago, TalentBoy said:

At one point it must have been able to higher / lower land beyond the todays 4 m limit.

yes, but when that was possible, even íf...  that was long before your current rezzdate

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TalentBoy said:

Unless LL did something seriously wrong when they made those regions, smoothing out that gap should take it closer to, not further away from the default baked level.

I forgot to reply to this:

10 hours ago, TalentBoy said:

Cover with mesh rocks cost a lot.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. A simple piece of mesh ground just to cover a blemish like this shouldn't cost more than ... says and L$200-300 and the land impact shouldn't be more than two or three at most.

It's a bit tricky with mesh ground across region borders though since the physics will only work in the eregion the mesh is anchored in - across the border it will be phantom and not walkable.

• Like 1

Thanks for answer.

The deep between the 2 hills is now 8-9 meters so maby i have to

found a way to fill it with less prim cost.

And yes Alwin, i'm sure it was in some ancient time all happend and mainland is full of

old bad terraforming. Smooth it had been better choice and lower it  a bit away from border.

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

It's a bit tricky with mesh ground across region borders though since the physics will only work in the eregion the mesh is anchored in - across the border it will be phantom and not walkable.

Yes  it is possible if make it from both sides with root prim and child prim, works okay (done it between 2 regions in sky).

Think we can end this. For now there is no simple solution. I just have to find something nice to fill it with.🏔️ 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.