I've bought a few things from the Market, and didn't even get a box.

ChaosRevisited

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've bought a few things over the last three hours from the Marketplace, and not a single box has arrived in my inventory.

This is really frustrating, because I need to change my avatar to something, and all of the items I need have been lost on the way from the markets to my inventory. In my marketplace history, all of the items I have purchased show up, so the items were successfully purchased, so I really don't know.

I'm sure the server wouldn't lag out for three straight hours and stop me receiving any items.

Anyone else had this problem, or know anything about it?

6 answers to this question

Delivery failures may occur sometimes but not for me for over a year now. You should contact each merchant inworld by sending them a Notecard with a copy from the transaction history and explain what happened, didn't receive the objects you bought and ask them kindly for a redelivery.

ChaosRevisited wrote:

Anyone else had this problem, or know anything about it?

well, yes. have a look around the forums. every day there are posts about missing deliveries from the marketplace. something is not right there.

what you need to to is contact the merchant(s), explain what happened and include your transaction info.

dashboard > account > transaction history. and/or info from your order history at the marketplace. my marketplace > my account > order history.

eta: ansariel beat me to it.

i haven't experienced any delivery failures myself, not the stuff i buy nor the stuff my customers buy from me. i can't see the magic recipe to this, i really can't - why some have a lot and others none.

but as a shopper there are things you can do to improve your odds. always be inworld when shopping and don't use the cart for anything other than freebies.

Open Marketplace and click the My Marketplace menu at the top of the page. Select My Account >> Order History from the pulldown menu. If you do not receive items within about 24 hours, you should cut and paste the information about a missing item from that Order History and send it in a IM or notecard to the merchant, along with a polite message requesting redelivery.  Remember, however, that this is a long holiday weekend in the U.S., and that many merchants may not be in world or reading forwarded messages until Tuesday.

For future reference, try to make any Marketplace purchases while you are in world to receive them. If your IMs are capped and someone sends you items, they will not be delivered.  Also, the Marketplace servers can be wonky if you have too many items in your basket at once.  I never buy more than one thing at a time, myself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.