I can't hear my own sounds

Zatch Moonshadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What I mean is that every other sound, sound gestures from other people, buttons, media, music, voice, etc, I can hear just fine and dandy but whatever sound my avatar tries to produce I can't hear it. No gestures or sounds from things I'm wearing. I can hear them If the camera is almos on my neck but only very faintly, and I can sometimes hear my avatar sounds when I put the camera in an arbitrary place near the general area where my avatar is. Is like the sound box for myself is broken and now is floating outside the avatar and is following my character behind them or at one side instead of being in the center where it's supposed to. 

Did I broke my character's sound box placement somehow? is is it a bug? It's been days and I installed the newer versions, both second life viewer and firestorm, and it doesn't seem to fix anything. 

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There is a setting in Preferences, "Hear sounds from camera position".  Try changing that, if it is set that way, to "from avatar position" and see if that makes a difference.

changed it. Nope, doesn't work.

It says hear voice from avatar position but that doesn't affect the general sounds. like the gestures

Edited by Zatch Moonshadow

5 hours ago, Nova Convair said:

If you switch off attached sounds - all sounds attached to an avatar are switched off (like gestures) including your own avatar.

So you want to switch off other avatars gesture sounds but keep hearing your own? nope 😁

how did I switched that off and where do I turn it on?

edit: ok unchecked media attached to other avatars and nothing changed. I turned it on again and nothing. I can still hear my gestures but only on certain camera positions, not when the camera is following me though like is supposed to.

Edited by Zatch Moonshadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.