MODERATE RATING related question

DulceDiva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.I've been making some see-through (sheer like,if you want) products lately (dresses,tops ect.).I have been trying to understand this myself but failed....here goes my question.

If a dress is *partially* see through ,can it be listed as MODERATE or this it have to be listed as ADULT rated on marketplace?🤨

I do apologise if my question is silly,but I want to make sure I am listing my items under the right rating 🙂

2 hours ago, DulceDiva said:

Hello.I've been making some see-through (sheer like,if you want) products lately (dresses,tops ect.).I have been trying to understand this myself but failed....here goes my question.

If a dress is *partially* see through ,can it be listed as MODERATE or this it have to be listed as ADULT rated on marketplace?🤨

I do apologise if my question is silly,but I want to make sure I am listing my items under the right rating 🙂

It would depend on the picture used and the accompanying text description.  Just because a dress is sheer doesn't necessarily make it adult as people can wear BOM layers under things now.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

It would depend on the picture used and the accompanying text description.  Just because a dress is sheer doesn't necessarily make it adult as people can wear BOM layers under things now.  

Okay,so say the breasts would be partly visible through a sheer/see through-lace dress.Do I need to cover anything in the picture?

2 minutes ago, DulceDiva said:

Okay,so say the breasts would be partly visible through a sheer/see through-lace dress.Do I need to cover anything in the picture?

If you can, I would and mention that you have in the description.  Otherwise, someone may flag as adult.  Just put something like "modesty covering not included".  Breast or nipple might kick it to adult also.  A lot of words trigger the adult so choose carefully.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

If you can, I would and mention that you have in the description.  Otherwise, someone may flag as adult.  Just put something like "modesty covering not included".  Breast or nipple might kick it to adult also.  A lot of words trigger the adult so choose carefully.

Ok I see.I recently made a dress where the breasts were fully covered but from the chest below it was semi-transparent. I however wore underwear for the picture and mentioned in the description that the underwear is not included.I guess that's an example of good practice for moderate content? 

1 minute ago, DulceDiva said:

Ok I see.I recently made a dress where the breasts were fully covered but from the chest below it was semi-transparent. I however wore underwear for the picture and mentioned in the description that the underwear is not included.I guess that's an example of good practice for moderate content? 

That should work.

• Moderators

Greetings!

If the image itself on the listing does not show "bits", meaning female nipples, including any of the areola, are not visible, then the listing does not need to be set to the Adult Maturity Rating. 

In fact, the Marketplace Listing Guidelines do not even require the listing to be set to the Moderate/Mature rating either. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#adult-guidelines

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.