Using tradmearks in builds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Best avoided, right? Building a 128x128 race track. Very simple but solid track. Just a fun project which I will take my time on. Tested and tested and tested, bikes and cars of all makes. Bought mesh and my own combined. Been asked to put it on the MP at some point or another, as folks seem to like it. All is in the the up-and-up on the bought mesh and textures (some are mine, so...), but all rights and parts are according to TOS compliance.

My question is: I saw a bike seller been taken down by none other than Harley Davison. Yes, really. Perhaps deservedly, I am on the fence there, they have always done right by me. Will I be taken down by something like Pirelli or Goodyear for just using their signs? I can do well without. just looks a bit nicer, is all.

Edited by HeathcliffMontague

1 hour ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

Will I be taken down by something like Pirelli or Goodyear for just using their signs?

There is a good chance that you will. 
So change "Pirelli" to "Piretti" and "Goodyear" to "Goatyear" (or make up your own words) and you won't be using their trademark™ anymore.

• Like 1

i always encourage people to create their own brands of vehicles. Every RL vehicle marquee brand started out in somebody's garage

for sure we can be inspired by a brand like Aprilia for example, but we don't need to call our bike April.  For the reason that a person who knows what an Aprillia bike is will recognise the influence in our design

if tho when you build a track or a garage then RL poster/signage is pretty ok I think for ambiance. Like on a garage I have on my parcel there is signage for Texaco, Justin Oil, Sparta, Gevaline, MotoGP, Tacoma and Loter. Ok in the sense that I am not selling facsimiles of any these RL products

Edited by Mollymews
[]
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.