Windlight Settings at Home

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Firstly, Windlight has been replaced by EEP (Environment Enhancement Project), and the next release of Firestorm should incorporate this. I don't know if Firestorm will continue to support parcel Windlight after this. I'm going to assume that by "latest Firestorm viewer" you mean the current public release and not the beta EEP Firestorm viewer (in which case you'd probably be better off applying an EEP setting to your parcel). EEP does allow individual settings for parcels, and for up to four different settings at different altitudes.

Firestorm parcel Windlight does not support Windlight day cycles, so whatever Windlight setting you specify should remain fixed.

To do this you need to insert something like this into the parcel description in the About Land window:

/*Sky@1000-2000:"My windlight setting"RegionOverride*/

where 1000 and 2000 are the lower and upper limits for the altitude at which the setting will be applied. You should adjust these to somewhere a bit below and a bit above the altitude of your skybox, and you should replace "My Windlight setting" with the name of the Windlight setting you want to use.

Note that only Firsestorm users who've enabled parcel Windlight (via Preferences/Firestorm/Windlight) will see this setting.

Note also that you need to be able the change your parcel settings, which might not be possible if you're renting one of a stack of skyboxes on a landlord's parcel. If you can't change the parcel settings, you'll have to apply the setting manually when you're in your skybox: top menu bar/World/Environment Editor/Environment Settings... (or using the WL Sky dropdown box in Firestorm's Quick Preferences window).

More about parcel Windlight on the Firestorm Wiki: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_windlight.

Edited by KT Kingsley
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.