Shape not found in the database?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So what happened was....

I crashed, hard, really hard like my whole PC just when nah man we got to restart everything. THEN I logged back on but to find myself as a cloud of love and sunshine. I thought to myself, hold on a sec I had a mesh body! I checked my saved outfit and my shape wasn't on! I tried to add it back because as tempting as it is being a cloud, with the perks of it and all, I spent a lot of time on my shape and preferred that instead! However, to my surprise, there was an error message saying it wasn't found in the database. I never deleted my amazing god-tier shape, how can this be?

Sounds like you got high ping aka bad internet connection or there is heavy load on the SL servers. Either way you should be perfect normal, when connection/server normal again.

If you are sure, your internet connection is OK without problems, you can try and clear your cache - don't worry everything is stored on the servers and will be rebuild in your viewer.

@Jack Rowley @Mollymews  If the problem persists, I would suggest reporting it to LL as a JIRA. Fingers crossed it is only a temporary glitch you encountered and not an indication of more serious problems in the server DB.

I only encountered delays on attached items as hair base and occasionally my whole mesh head missing, all problems solved with a relog or if persistent with clearing of inventory cache. Living in Europe with sim pings of 150-180 ms, I suspect, this can be the reason for me.

here Italy and same problem. no one shape is found in database and the avatar remain a nice cloud. i tried making copies of shapes but it's useless. it works for a bit but after a TP the problem reappears. i already tried everything possible : cleaning cache, reset router, character test, restore LSL Bridge , loggin with different viewers after clean install. nothing works. so i think the only last thing to do it's submit a ticket to LL . hoping they will be able to identify the issue. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.