Can Homesteads Be Neighboring

Little Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Little Pancake said:

I'm wondering if it's possible to have two homesteads connected together as neighbors? As two sets of couples we'd like to be able to 'build a world together' without having to go as steep as a full sim right now.

Do note that, according to my most recent information, if you wish to BUY a homestead you will have to have a full region first according to LL rules.
Although renting one from a landlord may be preferred in this case, but try to find a landlord that's willing to work with you, and put in the request in with LL to move the regions so they are side-by-side, assuming that landlord does not (yet) have 2 neighboring homesteads yet.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Little Pancake!   If you are new to SL, I strongly recommend that you don't buy, or even rent, a whole region just yet.  And that includes full regions, Homestead regions, mainland regions, and private estate regions.  A region doesn't look all that big on the map, but it's an enormous area when it comes time to terraform, landscape, and decorate it.  Plus, you also need to have an understanding of how land works...the privacy and access settings, autoreturn settings, group ownership vs. individual, etc. etc. etc.

You can get experience with all this stuff much less expensively by buying a parcel of land, or renting it, and living on it for a while.

Not to mention that right now is a terrible time to be trying to buy regions.  LL is moving everything to the cloud, and so they are not adding any more land servers to their server farms...and they've run out.  So right now the only way to buy an entire region is to buy an existing one from the current owner...and because of the shortage, prices have gone through the roof.  Wait a few months and you'll be able to buy regions at a much more reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Little Pancake said:

I'm wondering if it's possible to have two homesteads connected together as neighbors? As two sets of couples we'd like to be able to 'build a world together' without having to go as steep as a full sim right now.

You could also rent a homestead and divide it in half.  As @Lindal Kiddsaid, it's really a large enough region for 2 couples as it's the same size as a full region just less prims.  It's much less expensive too.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.