from time to time my sl wifes cam goes from regular viewing to over head viewing( looking down view

verdale Dexler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when moving some times or just standing, her cam will shift to over head view.(looking down from sky, or above head looking down.to fix it she goes into debugging offset foucus and another setting in debugging.

but it goes back to over head view after awhile.what can be dune to correct this permittly?

4 answers to this question

The solution to the problem might be what the others point to, but if you are standing close to a tall wall and turn around so you face away from the wall, the standard camera position should be behind the wall. Since this is not really possible, the camera will reposition itself, and often end up looking down from above the avatar.

- Luc -

• Lindens

@verdale Also, do you have any USB joysticks or other controllers in? Those can be used to control Second Life, and can inadvertently move you around. For example, I have a SpaceNavigator that I leave on a tilted slope. On occasion, I've logged in to find my view changing just like you describe.

You can easily turn OFF these other controllers:

1. Select Me menu > Preferences.
  2. Click Move & View tab.
  3. Click Other Devices.
  4. Next to Control Modes, uncheck Avatar (and Build, if desired).

Avatar is on by default, I think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.