CATWA Head and Lara Body 5.2V

1kristenswan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having issues with all of my body appearing.  What am I not doing correctly?  Everyone tends to be able to see the head but no body, can see the clothes.  If I put the Lara alpha on it screws up the CATWA head and my skin looks odd.  I am definitely not wearing something properly.  Any hints on having both of these what should I have attached and be wearing.

1 hour ago, 1kristenswan said:

I am having issues with all of my body appearing.  What am I not doing correctly?  Everyone tends to be able to see the head but no body, can see the clothes.  If I put the Lara alpha on it screws up the CATWA head and my skin looks odd.  I am definitely not wearing something properly.  Any hints on having both of these what should I have attached and be wearing.

Did you alpha part of your body out? Reset it in the alpha area, show all/hide all. Relog? Take off maitreya body/hud and put back on? See if that helps 😮 I hope it does.

Just now, Jaide Beck said:

Did you alpha part of your body out? Reset it in the alpha area, show all/hide all. Relog? Take off maitreya body/hud and put back on? See if that helps 😮 I hope it does.

I'll be in world a tiny bit longer if you need help now, but if not I'll be on  later today. *it's after midnight* So let me know. :) Same name in world. Jaide Beck. :D 

Hey Jaide.  I appreciate your help.

I removed all my layers, huds and started again from scratch which meant just the body, skin and nothing else.

I then started by adding following, I only did add or wear no attaching.

Lara v5.2, Lara v5.2 hud and Mesh Alpha layer.

My body looks good but my Head looks awful LOL  First picture below:

I then added the following:

CATWA Head Catya 4.5, Riga Eyes and HUD

However, at this stage what happens is the second picture.  If I then add the CATWA alpha I have both the Maitreya Alpha and the CATWA alpha on and I then do see the avatar I would expect.  From here I can remove the Maitreya Alpha and the avatar continues to look the same.

I have usually only kept the CATWA full body alpha on.  I also did do a full reset of the CATWA hud so didnt go back and do eyebrows or anything.

So to me I seem to see everything correctly but its others who see me differently, so thinking I must have something wrong LOL.

Let me know if you think I have added something incorrectly.  Otherwise If your online at somepoint let me know.  I am mountain time so its 4.25pm now.

I appreciate your help with this.

Thanks

Head with Lara but no CATWA.png

Without CATWA full alpha .png

Avatar with both Alpha's added.png

HeyJaida, another update.  I totally forgot I could log on twice to SL.  So i went on and saw it from another point of view.

Its clear if I apply any of the Mesh Alpha's it removes my body doesnt matter whether its the CATWA Full Body or the Maitreya.  If I then remove both this is what I look like, so clearly something I have wrong :(

2037019863_whatIseeasmyself_001.thumb.jpg.77c1c3ac7fc82450d507439e3458da18.jpg

45 minutes ago, 1kristenswan said:

HeyJaida, another update.  I totally forgot I could log on twice to SL.  So i went on and saw it from another point of view.

Its clear if I apply any of the Mesh Alpha's it removes my body doesnt matter whether its the CATWA Full Body or the Maitreya.  If I then remove both this is what I look like, so clearly something I have wrong :(

2037019863_whatIseeasmyself_001.thumb.jpg.77c1c3ac7fc82450d507439e3458da18.jpg

Take off the alphas.  Head and body are both BOM?  You don't need an alpha.

21 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Take off the alphas.  Head and body are both BOM?  You don't need an alpha.

Hi RowanMink.  So I put the BOM on and yep it seemed to show but then its not my face now its more cartoony.  So how do I get from picture one to picture 2 which is what I want to see?

face with BOM.png

Avatar with both Alpha's added.png

Picture 2 is the default catwa skin on the catwa HUD.  Honestly, not that great of a skin but just pick a shade on the skin tab on the head HUD.

You can edit the shape of the head to make the first pic look less cartoony.  Most people have to edit some to get the look they want.

Edited by RowanMinx

Hi RowanMinx.

I have resolved the problem, I went back to Lara version 4.2 and it all seems to now be working how I need it to work and my face looks like I want it to.  I logged on twice to see how other would see me and it matches what I see.  So fingers crossed I think im sorted for now.  Thanks for your help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.