I Want to make mesh clothing for legacy, maiterya & belleza ect. How do I start?

ophismx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am very interested in making my own clothing for SL and maybe even opening up my own store here to sell those clothes, But I don't really know exactly where to start I couldn't really find much helpful tutorials for blender since they are pretty outdated on YouTube. I also would love to learn how to mesh the clothing I make after working in blender. I really want to learn about this since this is something I believe I would love to learn about and enjoy, so your help would mean a lot thanks :) 

ps. where would I even look for to find the avi shape like Legacy or Maitreya to open up in the software blender? 

1 hour ago, ophismx said:

Hi I am very interested in making my own clothing for SL and maybe even opening up my own store here to sell those clothes, But I don't really know exactly where to start I couldn't really find much helpful tutorials for blender since they are pretty outdated on YouTube. I also would love to learn how to mesh the clothing I make after working in blender. I really want to learn about this since this is something I believe I would love to learn about and enjoy, so your help would mean a lot thanks :) 

ps. where would I even look for to find the avi shape like Legacy or Maitreya to open up in the software blender? 

Just at a glance, there are literally hundreds of videos about this on YouTube.

step 1: learn blender. You can join the Blender Bender group in world, they have a blender course starting very soon. It wont teach you rigging to dev kits, it only dips its toes into blender rigging, but once you know your programme you will find it easier to do more

step 2: save up to get Avastar

step 3: build a portfolio. use FP meshes and texture them, of freely available kits like tonic or ebody or some of the furry kits, or even just standard SL body, and make mesh for those. when you have a portfolio and a store presence then you will be able to complete the application forms fully for the likes of the top brand dev kits. Also for some dev kits Avastar is a compulsory due to the way the kits has been set up which make them incompatible with blender native rigging. Legacy, Maitreya, Belleza, Signature, Slink, they all have an application form process.

My advice, don't skip steps. You really need to learn blender. You need to learn the modelling, the UV mapping, the texturing, the SL limitations etc. There is no add-on that is gonna do this for you, even avastar, you need to have a grasp of blender first and know where to find different things. Weight painting for example, avastar can give you a good head start, but the act of weight painting is a blender function.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.