So I don't know if I made a mistake or not

Angieecartel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

so now I know I may have done something stupid and probably need to cancel it, but I need to know if I would actually get the money or if I should just cancel it and get my real life money back

So for the best rate buy in the exchange rate box I had put 9000000 and then for the quantity for L$ I had put 9,900,000 so I would be paying 2.59 and would have to wait 5 days. so do you think I should wait or just get my money back and do the original rate? 

Because after I did it my sister on the game told me she knows someone in linden lab and they said that I shouldn't do that so when I looked it up I found out the best rate buy is like the stock market and didn't know or realized that so I think I made a stupid mistake 

2 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Angieecartel said:

so I think I made a mistake 

..let's not talk about stupid, but a learning moment :)
Yes your order is a bit off the scale.
When you scroll down on the limit buy page, you can see the current rates. Even a variance of +1 or 2  can make a difference to fill in wééks.
At this moment the going rate is 245/1 (will be 249/1 fast...but always changing) So you can imagine your
9000000/1 is a little bit off the range.

Also the advice not to buy at such small costs. There's always a 1.49 usd fee included in the costs, with the current rate you would have 250 LL$ for the 2.49 dollars .. so in fact not 249/1 but closer to 120/1. The more you buy the lower (relatively) is the fee.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.