Mesh house that you have to right click?!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi a really strange one. 

Purchased a mesh house which is lovely but I can not walk through the doors unless I right click the house first (I found this out completely by accident and have to do it every time I Rez the house). I’ve not come across this before and have no idea how to fix it. 

Has anybody encountered this and managed to fix it? 

Any help greatly appreciated :) 

1 hour ago, Ashtoreth Vaniva said:

Hi a really strange one. 

Purchased a mesh house which is lovely but I can not walk through the doors unless I right click the house first (I found this out completely by accident and have to do it every time I Rez the house). I’ve not come across this before and have no idea how to fix it. 

Your best bet is to contact the creator to see if there's a fix.

Otherwise, if it has modify permissions, see if you can set the door to phantom? If the door is linked, you can use the Edit Linked function.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashtoreth Vaniva said:

Sounds familiar to me.

This happens always with meshes which have a triangle-based physics shape, and have linked something to it that use TARGET_OMEGA to rotate/spin something smoothly. Which most doors do actually. There are 2 options to fix this. 1) Uploading the mesh with a decomposed physics mesh instead of a triangle-based. Or 2) unlinking the rotating parts from the house.

Now the bad news. There are also some rare occasions where meshes behave like this, without anything linked, or script functions attached.

4 hours ago, Ashtoreth Vaniva said:

Hi a really strange one. 

It is a strange one. It is really difficult to answer without precisely knowing  the details of the house and having seen it ourselves. The best thing to do is ask the creator for assistance.

I have actually seen this issue before, at least similar issues. The trouble was that the doors worked if you clicked them on the reverse side (inside the house) and it never worked when trying to open them from the outside. I saw one where you had to click the doorknob exactly in the right spot to get the door to open. 

Perhaps the doors are not set properly for the "click to", or there are other scripts inside the house (a color script, window scripts, etc..). You might be able to fix this if the house is modify and you edit>edit linked>click on the door to select it, and make sure the "click to" action is set to touch

If you have windows that open and close when clicking them, then that sounds like the doors were not set correctly. If you can right click touch on the roof and the doors open... you do need to contact the creator and ask for help on that, or an update. I'd ask for assistance on that in any case. Perhaps the creator doesn't realize there is a gitch or flaw. 

Good luck! :)

Edited by Markham Weatherwax

1 hour ago, arton Rotaru said:

Sounds familiar to me.

This happens always with meshes which have a triangle-based physics shape, and have linked something to it that use TARGET_OMEGA to rotate/spin something smoothly. Which most doors do actually. There are 2 options to fix this. 1) Uploading the mesh with a decomposed physics mesh instead of a triangle-based. Or 2) unlinking the rotating parts from the house.

Now the bad news. There are also some rare occasions where meshes behave like this, without anything linked, or script functions attached.

I was coming into to mention the Target_Omega thing. It burned me big time once and this sounds like it. IF to the OP @Ashtoreth Vaniva you have the ability to take the script  out and replace with an older NOT so "smooth door" script, that will likely fix it. the house is no mod (yikes) then you really are stuck.   

If the creator is still around I certainly would send a note as they may have no idea there is an issue.   Good luck.  I stopped using those door scripts several years ago when it became obvious they were a problem.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.