How to pay less for Premium & Tier?

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My RL roommate has been paying for 2 premium accounts, but hasn't been using all her tier.  Instead she's been renting land for her main avatar & I've been letting her have a free house on my land for her alt.  (I get cheap rent from her in RL, so it's only fair to give her a free place in SL.)

Recently her main account landlords told her she'll have to move her sex bed up above the land level or only rez it when she wants to use it.  (It's a Mature region, but they can set whatever rules they want.)  So even though she loves that land, she's thinking of buying a parcel of her own now, and I'm trying to help her crunch the numbers to see what would be most cost effective.

I'm paying $72/ year for my premium account. Since I also get $L 300/ week, that works out to only $1/ month for my Premium account ( + $40/ month for tier).

She's paying $9.95/ month for each of her alts. I'm wondering if she were to go to one annual premium account & one free basic account, what would that cost her?  What is the cost for an annual premium account now?  I think I bought mine just before the price went up.

She says she needs 800-1000 prims to be comfortable in her SL home, so I guess she's going to have to pay $25/ month on top of her annual premium account for  4096 sq. meters (937 prims).  Then she can buy her land as a group with her alt, get her 512m bonus + the 10% group bonus.  I think that would work out to  5056 sq. meters max  (with 1155 prims max).

If she'd be happy living on my land, I'd suggest for her to just have her main & her alt share the small house on my land for free.  I think it's probably better for her to have a place away from me in SL, though, & she wants her main & her alt to each have their own place.

(Edit added to respond to post below)

@ PeeWee

So, if you want to own more than 1024m it's actually cheaper to have multiple annual premium accounts than to have one premium account & one or more free alts?  Wow.  I never would have thought that.  Maybe I should make my 2 free alts premium as well, so they can share their free tier & my main can drop down to a lower rate?

3 answers to this question

If you pay premium membership yearly it actually works out almost free, especially for the first year with the 1000L bonus....I think it comes to $5.36 for the year. Yes it is still $72 a year, unless you are in a VAT country.

It just happens that I was crunching some numbers with a friend last night and we worked out that if you had a main account that had been premium more than a year and 4 alts with new premium accounts, you would pay around $38 for the year and get 2800sqm of land (including bonus) tier free.....Instead of around $180 a year for one avvie and paying the tier on 2048 level.

Of course you need to be able to afford the 5 yearly premium payments up front, but it works out at a huge saving.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.