Black screen@login

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I get a black screen when I open up firestorm. I have a Intel UHD graphics 630 GPU and NVIDIA RTX 2060 GPU. 

I have an i7 processor. I have no clue why when I double-click Firestor, I get a black screen and I can't do anything. PLEASE HELP! 

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, lokiilox said:

yea i have no clue how to fix it but it sucks i know that much. if you have two gpu's its difficult to tell if its confused at which gpu to use or which one you need to have a driver for

normally it's just right click the shortcut icon and pick the gpu for the application. nothing difficult or confusing.
If you miss recent drivers for one or the other, it's just a minute work to check if updates are available.
Driver update is normally the first thing to do when having problems.( or a downgrade when a automatic update has bugs)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

There's often a problem with making sure that the RTX 2060 is used for Firestorm, not the UHD Graphics. But, either one of those is more than capable of loading Firestorm's login screen, and your post suggests you can't even achieve that. Something deeper seems wrong here.

Make sure that FS is selectong the better card, the GTX 2020, by setting a program preference for it in NVidia's Settings pages (desktop - right click - Nvidia Control panel.

Then drivers would be the next port of call.

Can you display photos ok, from normal files, or run YouTube videos?

Edited by Odaks

This may/not be your issue.  There are some things you can try discussed.  If your issue is similar, there are several workarounds in the discussion.  Some are better than others but they get you inworld.  

If it's the bug, then SL is aware and their recommended workaround is at the end of the Jira discussion:  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-228352

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.