Weight painting query (blender)

Liramaril

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! Sorry, another question--

I'm using Blender 2.77 (probably should update, but I've tried to keep it old as I trawl through old tutorials) and Avastar (which is a much newer version than I used to have). There's a way to be able to manipulate the bones/pose the model in weight-paint mode, but I can't for the life of me find it. I've gone through so many tutorials, as well as tried the new workflow preset for weight-painting in Avastar, and I still have to switch back and forth to pose any time I want to move the model (and then weight paint a bit more).

I used to know how to do this. It's frustrating XD

Thank you for your time? I appreciate any input!

Just upgrade to 2.8. The features are stable enough that you can follow the tutorials just fine.

Other than that. You need to select your armature, and mesh with shift click.

Go into weight paint mode. You can select your bone by holding control and clicking. 

The standard transformation shortcuts will move the bone.

9 hours ago, Cyrule Adder said:

Just upgrade to 2.8. The features are stable enough that you can follow the tutorials just fine.

Other than that. You need to select your armature, and mesh with shift click.

Go into weight paint mode. You can select your bone by holding control and clicking. 

The standard transformation shortcuts will move the bone.

I think I'll have to xD Since your suggestion is something I've already tried but just wont work for some reason ffs

you have to make sure that you are trying to move the right bones, the animation and skinning bones are not the same and the skinning bones are constrained to the animation ones if i recall.

as @OptimoMaximo suggested, pop in animation mode, and save a few "motion range type" keyframes then use the timeline as you weightpaint.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.