Selling my mainland sim

Sammi Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How easy is it to sell a mainland full sim? I have an airport on my sim and its owned solely by myself and not group owned.  I wish to sell it at a very fair price and not worried about making  a massive profit. However, it it hangs about and I'm still paying tier on it, if I were to abandon it , would I have to still pay tier on it etc?

Any advice would be gratefully received and warm regards from Sammi 

How easy is it to sell a mainland full sim? I have an airport on my sim and its owned solely by myself and not group owned.  I wish to sell it at a very fair price and not worried about making  a massive profit. However, it it hangs about and I'm still paying tier on it, if I were to abandon it , would I have to still pay tier on it etc?

Any advice would be gratefully received and warm regards from Sammi 

mainland tier is paid in arrears. We have to pay the full monthly tier on next due date even when only owned for part of the month. So if your next tier date is say 1 September then you have to pay the $175 on 1 September. If you still have the land after 1 September then you will have to pay again on 1 October

Mainland regions are fairly popular at the moment, given that LL isn't selling any new private regions.  You should probably be able to get a pretty good price for it, if it doesn't have too many undesirable features (G rated, many ugly builds surrounding it, very laggy area, void located just off the end of the runways, etc.)

Look around the area for other large-ish parcels for sale.  Use their asking prices to decide what to ask for your region.  Set the price, but if it does not sell within a week, reduce it.  Keep reducing the price each week until a) it sells, or b) your tier payment date is approaching and you decide you don't want to pay it again.

• Like 1

Oh gosh bless your heart for your advice Lindal, that was so kind of you and I'll do what you suggest and have a look around.  Daft thing is that I got the sim for a very fair price and thus do not  expect to be greedy and make a big profit and will have to see what anyone offers.  The area where I'm situated is ok for flying and suddenly in last couple of days, sim crossings are good but even  on open sims, with so many ugly tower blocks going up to 4000 meters it does give low FPM (fluctuating rapidly) and they can drop to 2 or 3 fps and up to 50 again and this, over open sims does seem bad. Sorry, I'm digressing hee hee. Again ta ever so much for your advice as its very much appreciated.  Warm regards from Sammi XX

Oh gosh bless your heart for your advice Lindal, that was so kind of you and I'll do what you suggest and have a look around.  Daft thing is that I got the sim for a very fair price and thus do not  expect to be greedy and make a big profit and will have to see what anyone offers.  The area where I'm situated is ok for flying and suddenly in last couple of days, sim crossings are good but even  on open sims, with so many ugly tower blocks going up to 4000 meters it does give low FPM (fluctuating rapidly) and they can drop to 2 or 3 fps and up to 50 again and this, over open sims does seem bad. Sorry, I'm digressing hee hee. Again ta ever so much for your advice as its very much appreciated.  Warm regards from Sammi XX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.