Can't view group membership lists

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometime the group owner turns off the view of them completely.

But it's also true that you can have that function turned on and not see all of them. I think it quits after like 1000 or 1500.

And this, among other reasons, is why I divided up my land groups into more manageable sizes under 500. The group loads faster, etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Only Static said:

One of my avatars can't view group membership lists with more than ~5000 subscribers. Is this a setting? A glitch? Anything I can do to fix it? Other of my avatars in the same large groups -can- see the membership lists.

Are you talking about the same group? Or different groups of a similar size? If its a different group, it's a setting by the group owner, who can choose to make the members list visible or not. If it's the same group, it's a glitch. Groups with a lot of members tend to be buggy and don't always function properly. If the group in question is one that you own, you can improve it somewhat by kicking out inactive members.  If you do not own the group, there's really nothing you can do.

This from 2015...

Linden Lab recently made some changes to groups. A group with over 5000 members will no longer load the list of members unless you are an owner or officer in the group OR if you’ve been assigned to a role in the group which gives you the ability to load the list. This change was made in order to reduce server load and help reduce other group issues like group chat lag.

This is not a viewer bug, it is intended behavior.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

This from 2015...

Linden Lab recently made some changes to groups. A group with over 5000 members will no longer load the list of members unless you are an owner or officer in the group OR if you’ve been assigned to a role in the group which gives you the ability to load the list. This change was made in order to reduce server load and help reduce other group issues like group chat lag.

This is not a viewer bug, it is intended behavior.

OK, but I'm telling you that even at 1500, the groups lag and don't load. Which is why I decided to divide them up. That may be a function of land groups in particular which have more to load.

Another annoyance: if you paste a person's name into a group list, as a manager, to change their role to one with more powers, as I do many times a day (I have open groups for minimal rights with "tenant" status then "resident" with more powers), you will find the search produces nothing. It is incapable of searching on the entire name.

Instead, you have to either alphabetize it front or back and look manually, or start typing a few letters, then some names will come up, out of which you can pick the one you need. What is the reason for this???

7 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

OK, but I'm telling you that even at 1500, the groups lag and don't load. Which is why I decided to divide them up. That may be a function of land groups in particular which have more to load.

Another annoyance: if you paste a person's name into a group list, as a manager, to change their role to one with more powers, as I do many times a day (I have open groups for minimal rights with "tenant" status then "resident" with more powers), you will find the search produces nothing. It is incapable of searching on the entire name.

Instead, you have to either alphabetize it front or back and look manually, or start typing a few letters, then some names will come up, out of which you can pick the one you need. What is the reason for this???

Yes, I know and it's a pain.  My response was to the OPer.

Same group as one of the other avatars. To the best of my knowledge same permissions as sim manager tried adjusting for me. I also tested with random groups and the breaking point seemed to be around 5000. Just don't understand why this one avatar has this limitation and not others. Could age of avatar have something to do with it? Avatar with issues is only a few months old - others are 8-12 years old.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.