Hair Bases Applying Under My Skin, Not On Top Where They Belong *pics*

slater42

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone :) I'm having some trouble getting my no_match hair bases and other facial hairs to properly apply. I'm using the Lulutka "Guy" head. I have removed everything from myself except the head and hair base to show there is no conflicts.

Top picture shows me wearing the head, hair base and alpha but hair base is not visible

Head-1.jpg

Now the alpha is removed so you can see the hair base is indeed there, its just under the head skin. 

Head-2.jpg  

Thank you to anyone that can help me out, I've tried every combination of alpha that has come with the head to no avail, I hope this is something simple that I'm overlooking. If you need more pics just let me know and I'll upload them.  :) 

7 answers to this question

hum, I'm not sure on that, what would I click to see if I turned the BOM on, on the head? Also I am clicking the wrench and not seeing a re-arrange the layer option, dragging items also does not seem to be working to arrange their layer order. Would you be able to tell me how to do these 2 things and I'll try that now, also ty for helping, been at this for about 4 days now :)

28 minutes ago, slater42 said:

what would I click to see if I turned the BOM on, on the head?

bom_lelutka.jpg

The 'wrench-click and arrow re-ordering' is only an option if you have more than one tattoo layer on, which you don't. The only tattoo layer you're wearing is the hairbase. Click the HUD - as shown above - to activate Bakes on Mesh and it should all be fixed. The reason why you weren't seeing the hairbase until you took off your alpha layer is purely because Bakes on Mesh wasn't activated, so the tattoo layer hairbase was being hidden by your head's applier skin.

ETA: In addition, you need to wear the mesh eyes that are included with the head. Because BoM won't apply to those (the non-Evolution range of Lelutka heads don't have BoM on the eyes) you'll also need to add the LeLutka.Alpha.Head&Body.BOM that you'll find in the head's folder, so that you can continue to use applier eyes.

Edited by Skell Dagger

Hello Skell, thank you for jumping in here. I have clicked the BakeOnMesh button in the hud and what has happened is it made the skin disappear (without the hair base). I then clicked on the skin color on the right and it brought back my head but still didnt get the hair base to apply. I also tried the assortment of head alphas again and still no luck. I even removed everything from myself again and tried to get it to work from scratch. Here is a pic of what happens when I click the BOM button. 

head-3.jpg

• Haha 1

I saw your revised post Skell, here is what is happening now with those changes. If I click the BOM button The hair base stays but the skin is removed, when I apply the skin back on (clicking the color buttons to the right of the BOM button) I get my skin back (kinda) and looks like the picture below. 

Head-4.jpg

head-5.jpg

Edited by slater42
edited to show what happens when I click BOM HUD button

46 minutes ago, slater42 said:

I have clicked the BakeOnMesh button in the hud and what has happened is it made the skin disappear

The reason for that was that you were still wearing your Lelutka.Alpha.Head&Body in the first image. Alpha layers will hide parts of the mesh body when BoM is used, so you need to remove them. The Lelutka.Alpha.Head&Body.BOM alpha will only hide your system eyes so that your mesh eyes can be seen (otherwise your system eyes will poke through the mesh eyes). You have that one correctly worn on your follow-up post.

36 minutes ago, slater42 said:

If I click the BOM button The hair base stays but the skin is removed

The skin applier is removed, yes. That is expected behaviour. What Bakes on Mesh does is that it puts your underlying system skin (in your case your Signature Geralt default skin tone 03) onto your mesh head and body (although I suspect - from the angles of your body - that you're either not wearing your mesh body or you haven't yet activated BoM on that).

The reason why you're seeing that white texture on your face is that your system skin is only for your body. Most skin creators have handled their BoM skins in the same way that they handle their applier skins: with separated head and body options. Because there are so many possible combinations of heads and bodies it would be a ludicrous task to create one skin in 10 tones for Lelutka head and Signature body, the same skin in 10 tones for Catwa head and Signature body, the same skin in 10 tones for Lelutka head and Belleza body, the same skin in 10 tones for Catwa head and Belleza body, the same skin in 10 tones for... well you get the point ;)

Some skin creators are handling this by issuing the body and head in two separate tattoo layers. Others are issuing either head or body in system skin format and the other in tattoo format. It's a bit of a minefield, I'm afraid, with each designer doing things differently!  Since you have a Lelutka head, you're going to want to find a BoM skin that has options for Lelutka head and SIgnature body (which I'm guessing from the fact that you clearly own the Geralt body). You can find a list of all stores currently offering male BoM skins at this blog, so pick up some demos to try out.

36 minutes ago, slater42 said:

when I apply the skin back on (clicking the color buttons to the right of the BOM button) I get my skin back (kinda) and looks like the picture below

Again, that's expected behaviour, because you're clicking the skin applier on the head's HUD, and thereby you're cancelling the BoM activation. Lelutka's older Bento heads activate BoM by means of a special 'skin applier', and that skin applier comprises the BoM 'bake' textures that enable your system layers to appear on your mesh body parts. Like any other skin applier, if you then replace that special 'BoM skin applier' with another skin applier - in this case the one on your Lelutka HUD - the BoM ability stops. Lelutka's new Evolution range is different: they're BoM out of the box (except for the eyes, which need to have BoM activated on them).

To sum up (because this is a lo-o-n-g reply!) -

1. Browse that blog to find some skin stores you like the look of and visit them.
  2. Pick up DEMO BoM skins for your Lelutka head, and make sure that they show the white 'stylised face' Lelutka logo on them, and not the new light brown 'LEL' logo. (The 'LEL' logo is only for the new Evolution range of skins, which have different UV mapping than the older Bento heads.)
  3. Pick up DEMO BoM skins for your Signature body. Make sure that both head and body skins are in the same tone and from the same store.
  4. Remove all alpha layers except that one you're using to hide your system eyes (Lelutka.Alpha.Head&Body.BOM)
  5. Activate BoM on your head by following the instructions in the image I pasted earlier.
  6. Wear your Signature body, hands, and feet and activate BoM on that. Do this by adding the body's HUD, clicking the settings 'cog' on the bottom tabs, clicking 'BoM Bakes On Mesh' on the Settings tab and confirming the activation in the popup menu that you'll see.
  7. Next - depending on which skins you've chosen - wear the system skin and/or tattoo layers that will comprise your Lelutka head and Signature body.

Remember that - if it's all done in tattoo layers - the order in which you add the layers is important. Example: Birth separates BoM skins as follows:

• a tattoo layer for the body
  • a tattoo layer for the head (with multiple brow colour options)
  • a tattoo layer for the beard
  • a tattoo layer for the hairbase

You would need to add all of those in that order: body then head, then beard/hairbase (the order of those last two is less critical).

If you need any further help, I have two guides on my blog that are written especially for this purpose: Activating BoM on Your Mesh Head & Body, and How to Get Dressed (Mesh Head & Mesh Body). Those will hopefully get you sorted out, but if not then come back to this post and I'll try to help you out some more. I'm actually a CSR for Catwa, but I own most major brands of mesh head and try to help out where I can on the forum, regardless of brand.

Edited by Skell Dagger
My god, it's full of typos! (In my defence, I had zero sleep last night and am running on fumes...)

Thank you for the very detailed post Skell I really appreciate it, I was trying to get things figured out earlier today then the servers started having problems. I'll be back at it again tomorrow and will let you know either way if I am having problems or if I got it figured out :)

Edited by slater42
typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.