Is there an undo delete function ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a relative who likes to edit things inside a house, but sometimes this person clicks on the house without realizing it and then deletes it. I have to come to the rescue and rez another copy of the house. Does Second Life have an undo delete key combination to revert to the previous state? I thought ctrl Z would work but it doesn't. Thanks

53 minutes ago, tabsterLasVegas said:

Does Second Life have an undo delete key combination to revert to the previous state?

No but on the bright side, accidentally deleting items is mandatory for anybody who wants to call themselves a Real SL Builder, so your friend has already made one vital step towards earning that prestigious title.

There's no need to do it more than ocne though and what you can do to minimize the problem in the future is lock the item: select to edit and check the "Locked" checkbox. Also, writing the location of the item in its description field makes it much easier to restore.

Edit: Come to think of it, doesn't Firestorm have a function to restore re-rezzed items to their original position? I think it even works every now and then.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

How often have I wished SL had an Undo function; that would have saved me from several mistakes! Worst of all is when you delete the skybox you're in. Not only do you feel dumb, you have go back up and retrieve all your stuff. I will add another suggestion: go to Edit before you delete the item. Either right click the item and choose Edit or open the Edit Tool and then click on the item. That way you can verify the item you want to delete is the one you are about to delete.

16 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Edit: Come to think of it, doesn't Firestorm have a function to restore re-rezzed items to their original position? I think it even works every now and then.

It does, but it's most useful for people who manage full sims. 

It has two main limitations - you need to be able to rez at (0,0), and the item must be copiable.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.