Jump to content
  • 0
GreenLantern Excelsior

One or more items can't be used inside "Outfits"

Question

I love the Outfits folder in my Inventory. You can assemble the pieces of your avatar and the clothing and accessories it wears and add them all to a folder inside Outfits. Then right click the folder and select "Replace Current Outfit" and instantly your outfit changes. But recently I've been having some problems revising the contents of my Outfits folders.

Usually when I receive an updated version of an attachment, I take off the old attachment and put on the new one. Then I go to the Current Outfit folder and copy the link to the new item. go to the correct folder inside Outfits and paste, and now my updated item will attach next time (assuming I remember to delete the link to the old one). But now, within the past few weeks, every time I try to paste an attachment link from Current Outfit to Outfits, I receive a message that says:

One or more items can't be used inside "Outfits"

And the link doesn't paste as it should. I haven't "Protected" the Outfits folder or changed anything that I know of, except for installing a new version of Firestorm. And I haven't found anyone else talking about this problem. Does anyone have an idea about what's going on here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted (edited)

I have noticed the same (recent) behaviour that copy/pasting these things to an outfit folder no longer works.

I solve it by opening a second copy of the inventory and drag the stuff that I want to copy over to the other inventory window where the target folder is waiting and willing to take my links, even if I had selected more than one item or link.

 

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
50 minutes ago, GreenLantern Excelsior said:

I love the Outfits folder in my Inventory. You can assemble the pieces of your avatar and the clothing and accessories it wears and add them all to a folder inside Outfits. Then right click the folder and select "Replace Current Outfit" and instantly your outfit changes. But recently I've been having some problems revising the contents of my Outfits folders.

Usually when I receive an updated version of an attachment, I take off the old attachment and put on the new one. Then I go to the Current Outfit folder and copy the link to the new item. go to the correct folder inside Outfits and paste, and now my updated item will attach next time (assuming I remember to delete the link to the old one). But now, within the past few weeks, every time I try to paste an attachment link from Current Outfit to Outfits, I receive a message that says:

One or more items can't be used inside "Outfits"

And the link doesn't paste as it should. I haven't "Protected" the Outfits folder or changed anything that I know of, except for installing a new version of Firestorm. And I haven't found anyone else talking about this problem. Does anyone have an idea about what's going on here?

If you use Firestorm, you can do the following to update links faster:  Right click the old version in inventory and select 'Replace Links'.  In the popup window, drag the updated version of the item into the New section and click 'Start'.   It will then update all links for you from the old version to the new version.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I have noticed the same (recent) behaviour that copy/pasting these things to an outfit folder no longer works.

I solve it by opening a second copy of the inventory and drag the stuff that I want to copy over to the other inventory window where the target folder is waiting and willing to take my links, even if I had selected more than one item or link.

 

Yes! That does work for me too, but only dragging the actual object over, and that creates a link in the Outfits folder. Dragging a link gives me the circle/slash "Oh no you don't" icon. And I can even drag an object from one folder to an Outfit folder in the same window and it works. Thank you for the fix.

23 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you use Firestorm, you can do the following to update links faster:  Right click the old version in inventory and select 'Replace Links'.  In the popup window, drag the updated version of the item into the New section and click 'Start'.   It will then update all links for you from the old version to the new version.  

I did not know about that, but it does work. It seems more sophisticated than dragging and dropping too, and fixes object links all over the inventory (and every other?) folder. Very nice, thank you.

5 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Thank you for the link. I see other folks are having problems too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...