Question on land groups

maramaCALI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a question for land, if you own land and you want it closed entry like say for school sim, and it’s private for group only entry. Besides maybe once week. So it’s only entry for members, 

but you want separate building / Rezzing group so not everyone can rez there, on top that share prime if you have it spanning more then one subdivide / sim. A open rezzing area for all students in this case to unpack needed things but temp.

what’s best way to get this to happen...only group members can teleport in even with open sim days.

group for rezzing , group for member only entry, sharing prime across lands, being kept private unless selected once week open sim with zero building/rezzing Ability’s for visitors. And keep teleportation in only for members?

this would include area that’s fly allowed but rest is no fly unless given to select group rights

Edited by maramaCALI

1 answer to this question

I'm going to take a stab at this - this is untested, but something you can try out.  If my reasoning is incorrect, hopefully someone else will jump in and point out where I've gone wrong.

This is based on my understanding of group owned land and abilities on mainland.  I have not owned a full region before, so am not familiar with options that might be available through region or estate manager tools, so hopefully someone else will answer and provide that insight if I've missed the mark with my answer.

In order to have the land "group-only" accessible, all the land needs to be owned by the same group.   The land does not need to be all one parcel, however, it just needs to be owned by the same group (and in the same region in order to share LI between parcels). 

You can create role(s)  in the land group (the group the land is deeded to) which allows building.   Also create a role for the students which does not allow building (or use the Everyone role and make sure the ability to build is turned off in that role - but having a specific 'student' role may help with clarity when choosing abilities for roles). 

• On parcels where you want to control who can build, in the "About Land" set "Build" to "group only".    On these parcels only the group members with a role that allows building will be able to build. 
  • On parcels where you want the students to be able to rez objects, in the "About Land" set "Build" to "everyone".   This should allow the students to be able to rez items just on that parcel.  Normally this is not something I would suggest, but as you have limited access to the land to begin with, this should be OK.   You could turn on Auto return of other residents' objects to handle the times when you have the land opened to non-group members.  If this was set to a very short time such as 1 minute, effectively it would take care of issues of non-group members being able to rez on that parcel on the 'open' day. 

If that works, I think a similar method could be used for the ability to fly on a particular parcel(s) - there is a group role ability to "Always Fly" that could be used in combination with the "About Land"  allow flying option.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.