Can "Estate Time" be a condition for a script?

Grahame Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please forgive if this is something I should know, but I am curious if a script can do something based on estate time. Specifically, I have prim light rays in a forest that I do not want to get rid of because they look incredible. However, they look stupid after sunset. Is there a script, or a way to script them so that the lighting turns off and on at certain estate times?

EDIT: Also, I already put in a switch script, so I can turn the lighting off and on manually, but i want to use estate time to do it automatically because it's stupid to turn it on and off only when i need it or don't.

Edited by Grahame Paine

3 minutes ago, Grahame Paine said:

Please forgive if this is something I should know, but I am curious if a script can do something based on estate time. Specifically, I have prim light rays in a forest that I do not want to get rid of because they look incredible. However, they look stupid after sunset. Is there a script, or a way to script them so that the lighting turns off and on at certain estate times?

EDIT: Also, I already put in a switch script, so I can turn the lighting off and on manually, but i want to use estate time to do it automatically because it's stupid to turn it on and off only when i need it or don't.

There's llGetTimeOfDay and llGetSunDirection.

That's a good idea. Please turn your "god rays" off at night.

Someone in Kama City has a little forested area with prim "god rays". It looks great in daytime when you're in the forest. But the lower levels of detail aren't good, and so there's a blinking, glowing blob in the distance. I thought it was a griefing object, and went over to see what was causing trouble.

If it emits light, and especially if it glows, be really careful about lower levels of detail, please.

Incidentally, with EEP, the default night on mainland is darker. So lighting matters more. (The default day is darker, too, but that seems to be a bad setting for ambient light in the daytime environment.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.