IM spam

Kansue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, 

An object is spamming me on im. I muted it and the problem is solved in game. But when I log off, I receive tons of mails "The object 'Object' has sent you a message from Second Life:"

I don't want to turn off offline e-mails. 

When I go to the sandbox in which the spamming object is, the object has a group as owner ... The group (SL Lover) profil is empty and I can't mute/block it

How can I stop that? Is there a way to block a creater of an object if the creator is a group?

unknown.png

5 answers to this question

You may be in luck.  The group only has one member, which means that it will disappear within 48 hours.  If the object is in a sandbox, the sandbox autoreturn should kill the object before that even.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Edit:  Meanwhile, you could send the creator a polite note to ask him to clean it up himself.  Assume that's its an honest mistake.  You'll have better luck that way, even if it's not.\

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

You may be in luck.  The group only has one member, which means that it will disappear within 48 hours.  If the object is in a sandbox, the sandbox autoreturn should kill the object before that even.  Keep your fingers crossed.

6 hours return ... but 6 hours of spam will be veryyyyy long :( 

There is no way to block it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.