Linden home parcel settings-Tutorial

Gem Oxygen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, here is something I put together with photos I edited,... ok ok me and my Alt did it, shes giving me this look so I had to include her..:p( Spoiled Princess) I have everything on a neat lil notecard too so just  holler at me to get it Gem Strait(gem oxygen in-world.

I am Gem Oxygen, me and my alt have put together a little something to help you  learn how to set your parcel to prevent griefers and maximize your enjoyment of your home. I have  included photos for visuals. If you still don't get it please join the Bellisseria Citizens group and lots of helpful residents will help you.

So you got a Linden lab home and have no idea how to set permissions let's start with getting to the parcel detail window:

Click the land and you will get a pie menu popping up , click the ABOUT LAND button and a window will pop up, this is your parcel details. This whole window will give you magic ability's. Please use the photos, it will help you a lot.

Parcel Details button:

image.jpeg.67b350dc35a2abc5c0760650cb38e429.jpeg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So lets run down each tab in the window:

1. General tab-- Highlighted in GREEN
             A.This tab you are going to name your parcel and put in a description. This is highlighted in GREEN.
                      B.  You will need to have a home group a group just for you, visitors, friends and family can join to be able to build, use furniture, run scripts and set their Home landing point, this is how you set restriction for the parcel which I will show you in a bit. If  you do not have a group you will need to make one, this is very important because Linden Labs does not allow you to restrict the land to the public which causes ban lines and those are a no no in Bellisseria  residential homes.
 Click the SET button( Highlighted in RED) and a pop up window to the side will appear, find your HOME group, select it and hit the OK button.  You will see the parcel now set to your group. WARNING********* You do not need to deed your parcel to a group.

image.jpeg.aecde676c50e4abc1e4a5a9b536d836a.jpeg

2. Parcel Covenant tab--Highlighted in GREEN
         A.  The next tab has the Linden labs rules and guidelines for the parcel. It is very important you read these. Oh I know everyone hates reading  the fine print and TOS blah blah but these rules and guidelines not only will prevent you from getting that dreaded  Linden Lab email or a IM from a Linden Mole but it will also make you a better neighbor and make the whole  community happier

image.jpeg.31b3278dbc8f7ab7727b82caef719f2b.jpeg

3. Object Information tab--Highlighted in GREEN
          A.  This tab shows information about what you and others have rezzed on your parcel. It also hows how many prims allotted to that parcel, how many you have used and how many prims left for you to use.
           B.If you allow group Rezzing or public use that is ok, however to prevent someone from abusing the Rezzing ability on your parcel,  you can set a timer to allow someone to temp rezz something such as a horse or a bicycle. Most people as a standard set the timer for 10 mins, which is plenty of time to rezz out a vehicle.

image.jpeg.6caa2632cc2321865e1ff369d51e32b6.jpeg

4.  Parcel options tab-Highlight in  RED
            A. ok this is where the settings here are very important, this tab gives or takes away non parcel owners ability's to rezz,  use scripts. To make it  very easy for you with out all the details which can be confusing I have highlighted everything you need to have checked in GREEN, the check boxes need to have that little cool check mark in it.
 Everything that needs to be unchecked is highlighted in RED. No happy little check marks in these boxes please.

Now you say the RUN SCRIPTS check boxes  has  both the everyone and the group ability, yes let me explain a bit.

If you have only group members running scripts:
   Visitors won't be able to use their AO's or any worn huds unless they  are in your home group and things they rezz needing script to run won't work, like horses, vehicles anything needing a script to run won't respond.
   Those who fly vehicles through the lands won't be able to use their flight huds through your parcel so they can accelerate faster to get out quicker.

Allowing everyone to run scripts is advisable just make sure you have the Rezzing ability timer set to a time. so even if a griefer or someone who is doing malicious stuff won't be able to  keep objects on the parcel.
Yes there is griefers who don't need all that to cause harm but those are past the ability we have as residents.

image.jpeg.d60640076ccb693143d71cb418026fe2.jpeg

5. Parcel Restrictions- Highlighted in GREEN
            A. This tab is where you set  sound restrictions. It is pretty self explanatory  so  to simplify the instructions, all the GREEN dotted sections need to have those happy  check-marks in all the boxes.

image.jpeg.b2a3a0e3952a81d4166cdc0074ec8890.jpeg

6. Access Tab-Highlighted in GREEN
         A.  Have issue with someone causing you grief? Don't want a ex coming back like a bad penny? Just hate everyone (They have pills for that) Then you will need to learn the Ban hammer tab.....
Oh and a lil hint if you have neighbors who love to cam in and touch stuff, like opening and closing doors, turn on on and off lights, you know those ones. Once you add them to the ban list, they can't touch anything in your parcel anymore. It's hard to prove but there is a TOUCH DETECTOR script available on the SL marketplace that will tell on anyone touching anything that has that script in it.
          B. Click the add button( Highlighted in GREEN) and a pop up to the side will come up. You will get a option to search for a name or if they are nearby you can click the nearby button and a name list will come up. just put in name or click the name and it will be added to the list below the search bar.
 Once you click a name another lil pop to the side of that will show, this is the ban timer, you can set it for how ever many days or always which will be forever.

image.thumb.jpeg.4a5f0cfe175190cc6b3ff288c890026e.jpeg

Once you follow these steps you are all set to start enjoying your parcel.
  If you still have issues please go to Linden Labs support on your account page, often Live support can help verses filing a report.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sl is about fun and unfortunately a few make it UN-fun. I  Rarely have run into those I inform about the rules and guidelines put forth by LL come back with a nasty " Tude" most usually don't know,  some never even knew the Parcel window existing. One thing about letting people know is not to make them feel stupid or ignorant, it's about the way you approach people, it's down to you and how you are perceived by your peers. If you are not good at talking to people or think someone will take your information wrong, them please ask someone to help you that generally have good people skills.Nothing wrong with getting a lil help to make SL more enjoyable for all.

We have so many people moving to the new Linden lands from the old Linden homes and from the Mainlands, which sadly had little to no community. My how things have changed..... Reach out and go to that neighbor, head over an don't feel intimidated with a little conversation, even if you have no common interests in general.. you have one at least, Bellisseria.

Welcome to Second Life and welcome to Bellisseria.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

Thanks for this informative tutorial!  I've been around SL for quite a while and still did not really understand the impact of the Running Scripts box...will go add the Everyone option.  The only other thing I do different is I don't restrict the Sounds to the parcel, because then I can't hear all the wonderful birds, bugs and water sounds the moles have provided.  The downside to that is sometimes hearing loud sounds from other parcels, like an autoplaying musical instrument 2 regions away!   Or a sad Zooby baby crying alone in a crib (awww).  Then, I  check the map for Nearby avatars, then cam around until I find the object and Mute it.  If it is obvious what the sound is, like a piano, will use area search on Piano to find the location.  Sometimes it takes a really long time to find the sound object.  And a few times I have cammed into unoccupied houses to mute a sound.   If anyone has a better method for tracking down sound objects please chime in!  (yes sometimes I mute overly loud windchimes too ha ha).

If the moles would consider adding their sounds to the Content packages I would gladly use a few prims to put their wonderful mole sounds on my parcel, restrict sounds to my parcel,  and solve the problem.  Have bought sounds from the Marketplace but they just aren't the same.  :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seems  I might need to put together a lil tutorials on sounds and other fun things, like finding blocked/muted sounds, how to clean out the derender list...ETC, working on trying to work this  OBS  screen recording program, might look into making a few vids too. I know couple of the Lindens made some long ago but it looks like they are a bit outdated for the viewers we have now.  Due to time constraints I will have to limit the viewer hints n helps to what viewer I have which is FS.. I am sure things can't be much different though.

Glad to of been of help, feel free to share the forum link

Blessed health n happiness...

Gem

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.