Deploy Plans...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see that the normal rolling restarts for next week are on the Status page, you have to scroll down a bit.

I am not sure if there are any tested versions usable for the Main Channel on Tuesday. Whatever was in the works a week ago needs merging with the HTTPS bugfix.

My guess is that the announcement of the Tuesday scheduled maintenance is a near-automatic placeholder, but betting that nothing will happen is firmly in slow horses territory. With a global user-base, do the announcements here in the Forums give enough warning time?

Maybe there needs to be a general, "pinned" topic as a reminder of the normal structure. Though the changes to how the different channels are visible to ordinary users still make it difficult to be sure which day to avoid. And, yes, even the Americans sometimes have public holidays. I think I had some last month, but it's been hard to notice this year.

Look after yourselves, everyone.

@arabellajones:  I am beginning to feel that LL are "damned if they do and damned if they don't" announce the upcoming rolls.  While it is almost certainly the case that these announcements on the GSP are automated, the alternative was a rather patchy system of the announcements being made "if" the appropriate staffer remembered to post them.

At least this way now, some advanced warning of the possibility of rolls is given.  Myself I wait until the appropriate details are given in this forum (admittedly those on European time or earlier  are most likely abed by the time they are released).  It is difficult to get some folk to even bother to check the Status Page, let alone this forum.

I don't think there is a way that such a provision can be improved, given the Lab's internal communication system; certainly nothing I have seen recently, despite the efforts of some LL folk, gives me cause to expect much change.

Edited by Aishagain
grammar

Further to last week's shuffled rolls the early announcements of both Main Server and Release Candidate rolls over the weekend were ammended so that it is plain to see that there will only be RC rolls this week.

Now that seems clear enough to me and it is there for all who can be bothered to check.  Of course there "might" be changes, who really knows, certainly not us, the great unwashed, and I strongly suspect not most of LL; they, like us must "wait and see".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.