Starter avatar components not working for me?

Derf Fairport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

are the eyes you are wanting to wear in a Library folder ?

if so then when we wear Library stuff then a copy is made to our Body Parts or Clothing or Objects folder depending on what it is.  And it is this copy which we Wear.  Sometimes the system doesn't create the copy and so we don't Wear it

if this is what is happening then try going to another region and have another go.  Try also right-click on the Library eyes and Copy Paste them to another folder and wear the copy

if you do already have a copy of the eyes in another folder and when you right-click and Wear and nothing happens then the system may be having lag/fetch issues.  Solutions are typically try again on another region. and/or try relog

11 hours ago, Derf Fairport said:

Hi,  I tried to wear some eyes from a starter avatar with my mesh head.  They don't react to me clicking on 'wear' or clicking them, the system eyes I am wearing stay the same?!!  Any idea what's going wrong please?

If they're in the Library, this is a bug that's been around for a while (several years). You can't wear things from your Library directly; you have to go into the Avatar Chooser and choose the entire avatar that the eyes belong to. The whole set will then be copied to your main inventory in a folder with the name of the avatar. Then you can take off the parts you don't want and just save the eyes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.