Resources for Black Male Avis - skins and hair esp

DeepBlueJoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi... I know how hard it is to find really nice stuff for men in general, but it seems to go double for black/African American avatars.  I'm trying to help a friend create a decent one that doesn't look like a caricature or a big 'monster' urban thug creature.  (truly hate that look)

Any suggestions that you might have would be appreciated.

Also looking for clothing that would appeal to someone who appreciate things from Africa and the Caribbean in particular.  NOT looking for the 'ghetto' or 'thug' look.  Looking for something a bit more refined - something friendly and pleasant but manly that a normal person would like to go around wearing.

Thank you much!

• 10 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 5:00 PM, DeepBlueJoy said:

Hi... I know how hard it is to find really nice stuff for men in general, but it seems to go double for black/African American avatars.  I'm trying to help a friend create a decent one that doesn't look like a caricature or a big 'monster' urban thug creature.  (truly hate that look)

Any suggestions that you might have would be appreciated.

Also looking for clothing that would appeal to someone who appreciate things from Africa and the Caribbean in particular.  NOT looking for the 'ghetto' or 'thug' look.  Looking for something a bit more refined - something friendly and pleasant but manly that a normal person would like to go around wearing.

Thank you much!

Camo also for hair.  Stray dog does great skins for black men.  Check out Cake Day event for clothing and accessories.

• Like 1

As I don't see my avatar as an extension of myself, but simply a virtual shape shifter I love to style, I feel comfortable slipping into other ethnicities and thus hopefully show some variety on my blog. This is one of the black looks I recently did. You'll find all the credits in the link underneath the image in Flickr.

Shop-the-Look-012

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.