Catwa HUD help!

Ambsz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

The other set is drawn onto the eyelid on the head skin?

yes, it seems like. im just not sure how to remove it, when i fiddle around with skin on the HUD it changes my whole face skin so im not sure how to mess with anything to remove it 

Catwa CSR here :)

Are you using a Bakes on Mesh skin (which will be either a system skin or tattoo layers) with the BoM option on the HUD, or are you using an applier skin (requires clicking a HUD to add the skin)? If it's an applier skin, does it have a BoM option?

Edited to add: Just checked your profile inworld and I note that you're 4 days old in SL. If you're an alt of an older account then what I've just posted will probably make sense, but if you are a newbie then it probably won't! Please let me know if you need those questions explained more simply :)

Edited by Skell Dagger

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Catwa CSR here :)

Are you using a Bakes on Mesh skin (which will be either a system skin or tattoo layers) with the BoM option on the HUD, or are you using an applier skin (requires clicking a HUD to add the skin)? If it's an applier skin, does it have a BoM option?

Edited to add: Just checked your profile inworld and I note that you're 4 days old in SL. If you're an alt of an older account then what I've just posted will probably make sense, but if you are a newbie then it probably won't! Please let me know if you need those questions explained more simply :)

yes can you explain more please, im sorry!! 

i think im using an applier skin though? i have blush i purchased and used the catwa head HUD applier to apply my blush and lipstick

my skin says its a catwa mesh head applier, not sure if thats helps or not

8 minutes ago, Ambsz said:

yes can you explain more please, im sorry!!

Of course, and there's no need to apologise! I never like to assume whether someone is genuinely new or an alt (alternate) account of a more long-term user, so it's best for me to ask that question so I can direct my advice to a level that will match your understanding of Second Life and how things work here :)

10 minutes ago, Ambsz said:

my skin says its a catwa mesh head applier, not sure if thats helps or not

It does help, because it narrows down the options I can suggest. If the folder only contains that head applier (the inventory icon will be a 'golden box') then we need appliers to fix it. If, though, there is a BoM option included (inventory icon will be either a human figure doing a star jump* or a pink squiggly 'dragon' tattoo, or even a combination of both) then you'd have another option to fix it.

*That inventory icon is for Firestorm, which you're using. For the stock SL viewer it would be different.

Before I get to the fix, a little explanation of what you're seeing and why you're probably seeing it. Lillith is correct to say that those streaky lashes are drawn onto the eyelids of your skin. This usually tends to happen when a skin creator has taken an old system skin and used its texture to create a mesh head applier.

A system skin is what you start with in SL (that's the little 'human figure star jump' inventory icon) and back before mesh heads and bodies existed that was how we customised our avatars. Many skin creators painted lashes onto their skins, since the system lashes weren't that great. You could also buy prim (and, later, mesh) add-on lashes, but those didn't move when you blinked, which looked a bit odd!

If the texture used to make a system skin is later converted into a mesh head applier it's still going to have those painted-on lashes on the eyelids. But, of course, mesh heads have their own lashes, so you don't need two sets. And - as you've seen - the painted lashes look horrible, especially because they stretch and streak when you blink or close your eyes.

Luckily, there are lots of fixes for this on the SL Marketplace. By far the biggest creator of these fixes is Izzie Button, of Izzie's. She has several applier (and BoM) options to cover up those painted-on lashes, so I'm going to list some below. I'll link you to the demo versions so you can try them out for free and see which one works best for you, then all you need to do is go back to the demo page and click 'get the full version' under the BUY button.

Closed Eyes Appliers - Appliers & BoM

• Purpose: Covers all upper eyelid textures such as lashes, shading, makeup that might 'streak' or show when blinking or with closed eyes
  • Cost: L$ 100
  • Notes: Tinting locations on your Catwa Master HUD (if using applier versions) - 'closed eyelid' icon & 'eyebrow' icon, shown here

Eyelid Changer (small crease) - Appliers & BoM

• Purpose: Covers all upper eyelid textures such as lashes, shading, makeup that might 'streak' or show when blinking or with closed eyes. This also puts an eyelid crease close to your eye opening, so it can also be used to convert monolid skins to a non-monolid look.
  • Cost: L$ 149
  • Notes: Tinting locations on your Catwa Master HUD (if using applier versions) - 'closed eyelid' icon & 'eyebrow' icon, shown here

Catwa Eyelid Changer (medium crease) - Appliers & BoM

• Purpose: Covers all upper eyelid textures such as lashes, shading, makeup that might 'streak' or show when blinking or with closed eyes. This also puts an eyelid crease a little higher up from your eye opening, so it can also be used to convert monolid skins to a non-monolid look.

Give each of those a try (use the Catwa applier version in the folder). Pick the colour that's closest to your upper eyelid skintone. If you can't get completely close, go a shade lighter and use the tint option of your Catwa Master HUD to tint it to the correct shade.

Let me know if you need any more help :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Of course, and there's no need to apologise! I never like to assume whether someone is genuinely new or an alt (alternate) account of a more long-term user, so it's best for me to ask that question so I can direct my advice to a level that will match your understanding of Second Life and how things work here :)

It does help, because it narrows down the options I can suggest. If the folder only contains that head applier (the inventory icon will be a 'golden box') then we need appliers to fix it. If, though, there is a BoM option included (inventory icon will be either a human figure doing a star jump* or a pink squiggly 'dragon' tattoo, or even a combination of both) then you'd have another option to fix it.

*That inventory icon is for Firestorm, which you're using. For the stock SL viewer it would be different.

Before I get to the fix, a little explanation of what you're seeing and why you're probably seeing it. Lillith is correct to say that those streaky lashes are drawn onto the eyelids of your skin. This usually tends to happen when a skin creator has taken an old system skin and used its texture to create a mesh head applier.

A system skin is what you start with in SL (that's the little 'human figure star jump' inventory icon) and back before mesh heads and bodies existed that was how we customised our avatars. Many skin creators painted lashes onto their skins, since the system lashes weren't that great. You could also buy prim (and, later, mesh) add-on lashes, but those didn't move when you blinked, which looked a bit odd!

If the texture used to make a system skin is later converted into a mesh head applier it's still going to have those painted-on lashes on the eyelids. But, of course, mesh heads have their own lashes, so you don't need two sets. And - as you've seen - the painted lashes look horrible, especially because they stretch and streak when you blink or close your eyes.

Luckily, there are lots of fixes for this on the SL Marketplace. By far the biggest creator of these fixes is Izzie Button, of Izzie's. She has several applier (and BoM) options to cover up those painted-on lashes, so I'm going to list some below. I'll link you to the demo versions so you can try them out for free and see which one works best for you, then all you need to do is go back to the demo page and click 'get the full version' under the BUY button.

Closed Eyes Appliers - Appliers & BoM

• Purpose: Covers all upper eyelid textures such as lashes, shading, makeup that might 'streak' or show when blinking or with closed eyes
  • Cost: L$ 100

Eyelid Changer (small crease) - Appliers & BoM

• Purpose: Covers all upper eyelid textures such as lashes, shading, makeup that might 'streak' or show when blinking or with closed eyes. This also puts an eyelid crease close to your eye opening, so it can also be used to convert monolid skins to a non-monolid look.

Catwa Eyelid Changer (medium crease) - Appliers & BoM

• Purpose: Covers all upper eyelid textures such as lashes, shading, makeup that might 'streak' or show when blinking or with closed eyes. This also puts an eyelid crease a little higher up from your eye opening, so it can also be used to convert monolid skins to a non-monolid look.

Give each of those a try (use the Catwa applier version in the folder). Pick the colour that's closest to your upper eyelid skintone. If you can't get completely close, go a shade lighter and use the tint option of your Catwa Master HUD to tint it to the correct shade.

Let me know if you need any more help :)

Omg thanks so so much!! i appreciate all of that, didnt realize i could buy those so thank you for being so informative and patient! The closed eyes appliers seem to do just what i was looking for. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ambsz said:

Omg thanks so so much!! i appreciate all of that, didnt realize i could buy those so thank you for being so informative and patient! The closed eyes appliers seem to do just what i was looking for. 

You're very welcome! And I'm glad they fixed the issue for you :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.